remus exhaust and headers - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-Jan-2007, 06:20 PM (014)
don't trust this guy

Default remus exhaust and headers

I just upgraded new exhaust and headers. Remus Revolution can and the headers. It has been wet and my back tire breaks loose everytime I crack the throttle. I want to feel the difference.
Does anyone have any dyno charts on the remus and r1200gs combo. I see a lot of different opinions out there but would like to see some raw data. I am too cheap for my own tests.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-Jan-2007, 10:40 PM (195)

Here's a thread on the full Remus install on an R1200 that was on the BMW Sport Touring Forums: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthread...t/9/vc/1/nt/10. It includes Dyno graphs that show mid-range and top-end performance gains. Smart thread.

Last edited by Irish1; 24-Jan-2007 at 03:07 PM (879).
Old 31-Mar-2007, 09:36 AM (608)
Free Genie

Send a message via MSN to Schtum Send a message via Skype™ to Schtum

Quote:
Originally Posted by papawheelie View Post
Does anyone have any dyno charts on the remus and r1200gs combo. I see a lot of different opinions out there but would like to see some raw data. I am too cheap for my own tests.
There's a basic HP dyno chart on Nippy Norman's site....

http://www.nippynormans.com/images/R...l%20System.pdf
Old 10-Sep-2007, 07:45 PM (031)

Thumbs up

Just put the Remus Hexacone on my bike. Honestly I don't need a graph to tell if I like it better than the OEM... if DOES feel more responsive; it sounds great (like an old MG car combined with a single propellor aircraft, and a dash of Ducati thrown in), and it's the best after market muff out there!
Old 16-Nov-2008, 09:44 AM (655)

Default Remus Exhaust

Did you repalce the full exhaust, or just the muffler?

I am planning to install a Remus too, and cant decide is I want to replace the whole system or just the can.

Lee
Old 16-Nov-2008, 03:43 PM (905)
Free Genie

Send a message via MSN to Schtum Send a message via Skype™ to Schtum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leest View Post
Did you repalce the full exhaust, or just the muffler?

I am planning to install a Remus too, and cant decide is I want to replace the whole system or just the can.

Lee
It depends on why you're doing it. If it's just for looks, sound and a bit of weight saving, fit the can. However, if you're looking for a performance gain, you need to fit the whole system, or even just the headers. It's getting rid of the cat' that makes the big difference.
Old 29-Nov-2008, 05:49 PM (992)

if you really want to feel sum punch get a bigger intake tract it the bigest single power gain i got from my 05 inc the system, no point gettin the air out fast if ya cant get enough in to begin with

Last edited by bloke; 22-Feb-2009 at 04:45 PM (948).
Old 20-Feb-2009, 07:58 PM (082)
Canberra OZ GSer

i've just purchased the Remus Hexacone and headers....will get my GS on Wed or thurs... will have to ride to...see if there is any difference....

actually... i'm hoping for a bit more "go" and a sweet exhaust note

Quote:
Originally Posted by papawheelie View Post
I just upgraded new exhaust and headers. Remus Revolution can and the headers. It has been wet and my back tire breaks loose everytime I crack the throttle. I want to feel the difference.
Old 17-Mar-2009, 08:09 AM (548)

Default Remus Hexacone - dynojet graph

Hi - I am new to the forum. Had my 1200GS since mid-2005 bought 2nd hand at 11 months old, 6500 miles. The bike is standard. Recently decided to get the suspension set and found the result made the bike so much better. The down side to this is it has me on a road to trying to improve the performance which costs!. I fitted the Remus Hexacone can then got it run on the Dynojet kit, I am attaching the graph which the DynoJet guy said is pretty normal for the bike. Next plan is to put on the Wunderlich Air Charger with K&N filter before getting it tested again. From there is getting the Power Commander fitted and then tested again. Then the Ohlins...
Old 29-Mar-2009, 08:56 PM (081)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellyurchin View Post
Hi - I am new to the forum. Had my 1200GS since mid-2005 bought 2nd hand at 11 months old, 6500 miles. The bike is standard. Recently decided to get the suspension set and found the result made the bike so much better. The down side to this is it has me on a road to trying to improve the performance which costs!. I fitted the Remus Hexacone can then got it run on the Dynojet kit, I am attaching the graph which the DynoJet guy said is pretty normal for the bike. Next plan is to put on the Wunderlich Air Charger with K&N filter before getting it tested again. From there is getting the Power Commander fitted and then tested again. Then the Ohlins...
i have a full remus race system a blue foan filter the wunderlich fuesl controller and the wunderlich big snorkle, the snorkle makes the biggest difference out of it all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement