I too have a 30" inseam and actually went the other way concerning seat height. I now have a Rocky Mayer seat on my regular height GS which raised me up another inch or so, plus it's a bit wider so it feels like ~2 inches...but boy is it ever a COMFY seat.
You get used to it pretty quickly, and I don't even try to get both feet down on my GS like I do on my Triumph Tiger. While I can tippy-toe both feet when stopped, it's pretty unstable like that, so the left leg gets most of the work out in stop and go traffic. Since 95% of the time you'll have your feet on the footpegs, I would go for comfort there before worrying too much about getting flat footed the other 5% of the time....But that's just my 2 cents worth, and as always "your mileage may vary"