• 1 Post By Dr. Strangelove
  • 1 Post By rsmith
  • 2 Post By MotoMachines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2016, 11:00 AM (708) Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Universal Tool Tube

Need a place to stash your tools?

Check out the new Universal Tool Tube from Hepco & Becker!

The universal tool tube is an effective way to create storage on your bike where there previously wasn't any available. The tool tube is a black plastic storage compartment with a lid that screws on and off to keep your belongings waterproof. This tube measures 32x9cm on the outside and 29x8cm on the inside. The capacity is 1.5 liters and comes with zip ties as a method to secure the tube but does feature holes where you can bolt it to your bike.

Hepco & Becker Universal Tool Tube - $43.23

Proud Partner of the BMW MOA!

Check us out on Facebook and Instagram!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2016, 03:45 PM (906)
Naviator

Garage
That is very nice but I've been using the one for $5.49 from Agri Supply: Manual Canister, Tool Tube, Document Holder | Agri Supply

They also sell a smaller diameter model for $3.99 Manual Canister, Operator Manual Holder | Agri Supply

Only difference between these and the HB are the yellow symbols pained on side (can be removed with lacquer thinner) and these do not come with zip-ties and the HB decal stuck on the end.
Shipping is also less than half.
inditx and Sed8r like this.

I support Chelsea Clinton as U.S ambassador to Benghazi.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2016, 04:03 PM (919)

Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangra, La. aka New Orleans
You beat me to it, JetSpeed.
I guess the 700% markup is required to ship from the US to Germany, put on the sticker and have a shiny page catalog and more of a profit margin than the agri-supply people. Oh, and 4 Hepco&Becker tie wraps.

Actually, iirc, on the agri-supply ones the yellow marker comes off with rubbing alcohol.
JetSpeed likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2016, 08:28 PM (102)

Garage
These tubes come mounted on lots of farm equipment to hold operator manuals and stuff. I have several arond here on John Deere implements. Guess I should try one on the bike as I don't need them on the plows. Local farm stores sell them, but never looked at them or the price. Mine have been outdoors in the sun for 10 years or so, and still in good shape.
Sed8r likes this.

RSmith

15 K1600 GTL
16 R1200 GS/Adv
17 HD Ultra CVO
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-Dec-2016, 07:53 AM (578) Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Actually just learned of those Agri Supply tubes yesterday via another forum. I shot that same link to the manufacturer to inquire about the pricing disparity...

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-Dec-2016, 08:09 AM (590)

Garage
I can check out the price and dimensions available here and get back on the forum. I believe they do not sell many here for the intended purpose, so there are a lot of pieces of farm equipment with them mounted that are not really being used. However, I checked one piece of equipment this morning. It was purchased in 2006. Operating papers were still in very good condition and dry. Condition of the tube itself was still good. I think that using them on the bikes is a good idea. Mounting may be different for the ones sold by bike suppliers as well.

RSmith

15 K1600 GTL
16 R1200 GS/Adv
17 HD Ultra CVO
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-Dec-2016, 08:21 AM (598) Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
I can check out the price and dimensions available here and get back on the forum. I believe they do not sell many here for the intended purpose, so there are a lot of pieces of farm equipment with them mounted that are not really being used. However, I checked one piece of equipment this morning. It was purchased in 2006. Operating papers were still in very good condition and dry. Condition of the tube itself was still good. I think that using them on the bikes is a good idea. Mounting may be different for the ones sold by bike suppliers as well.
We do have bike specific tubes that can bolt directly to a H&B side carrier, though the universal ones include zip ties if there is no connection point that matches up. I imagine they're very similar to the Agri Supply version, but will try to compare when we get these in on Monday.
Dr. Strangelove and JetSpeed like this.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-Dec-2016, 09:56 AM (664)

Garage
I checked with the John Deere dealer, various sizes; about $29 and less.

I checked with a local farm supply dealer. They had none in stock,, but did have a welding rod holder. Very similar, no mounting tabs for $6.99.

Search Results | Agri Supply®

check out the link above for Agri Supply.com, Manual Canisters: $5.49 for 12" X 3 1/4 inch and $3.99 for 9.5" x 2". They both have mounting tabs.

RSmith

15 K1600 GTL
16 R1200 GS/Adv
17 HD Ultra CVO
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-Dec-2016, 03:51 AM (410)

Garage
Got mine from my local John Deere dealer...less than $10 as I recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode