Innovv K1 dual camera motorcycle dashcam - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By fredaroony

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-Jan-2017, 07:39 PM (069) Thread Starter

Innovv K1 Dual Camera Motorcycle Dashcam

I bought this a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing this on my 2016 GS.

Full details can be found here and best price I found is direct from Innovv Innovv motorcycle camera | motorcycle dashcam | motorcycle dvr

The quality of the unit feels very good and well made. Everything you need comes in the box as you can see below and the install is very easy.

The unit itself is not waterproof but I think it will be fine where it sits in the tail section with perhaps a piece of plastic etc on top of it. I'll have to look at something to cover it with at some point. I am mostly happy with the position of the cameras although I might move the front one to get a better view.

Contents in the box:

Last edited by fredaroony; 07-Jan-2017 at 08:35 PM (107).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-Jan-2017, 07:45 PM (073) Thread Starter

Installed on the bike

The GPS unit and rear cable fit nicely in the tail section

Rear Camera mounted on the indicator.

There is a small gap you can run the wire into the tail section

Front camera

Event button

Sample video of front and rear cameras. The raw footage was quite a bit sharper prior to uploading to Youtube. Not sure why the site is stretching it out....

slowriding and Pazzo15 like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-Jan-2017, 08:33 PM (106) Thread Starter

I took this video last night to show the automatic recording once the bike is powered on and the parking mode with motion detection. I put the timing of events in the description

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-Jan-2017, 12:46 PM (782)
GS (and DR)

Thanks for the write-up. I don't NEED to spend more money on bike farkles. This one interests me, though. The issues I've had with other attempts at video on the bike is finding out after the fact that the camera wasn't recording, or ran out of memory, or the battery went dead, etc. All those issues would be resolved with a product like this. Hmmm....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-Jan-2017, 12:56 PM (789) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Thanks for the write-up. I don't NEED to spend more money on bike farkles. This one interests me, though. The issues I've had with other attempts at video on the bike is finding out after the fact that the camera wasn't recording, or ran out of memory, or the battery went dead, etc. All those issues would be resolved with a product like this. Hmmm....
Exactly why I bought this. I will still use my GoPro for riding footage I want to take but really wanted something set and forget.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-Jan-2017, 02:25 PM (850)
Not that senior.

Send a message via MSN to gdayjr Send a message via Yahoo to gdayjr Send a message via Skype™ to gdayjr
I have had one for a year.....Trouble all the way

I bought one of these about a year ago, two friends were impressed and also bought one.

Then the troubles started.

We had lots of phone calls with the Chinese owners, many modifications over the last year, and more to come. We were basically product development techs for them.

There some new parts in the mail as we speak, to modify the way the cables enter the head unit, which will involve taking it apart to modify it.
At no time have they got the bottom of the issues, but they sure are trying hard.

It is basically a modified car system. It has great potential, and when it is working, it is fine, but lots of silly little issue.

Here is some footage from both cameras on a 2010 GS 1200

Graham Day. Sydney Australia
2005 R1200GS 93,000km (Stolen)
2004 R1200GS. 88, 000 km
2007 R1200GS. 34000 km.
current bike. 2010 R1200GS. 45000 km
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-Jan-2017, 03:32 PM (897) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayjr View Post
I bought one of these about a year ago, two friends were impressed and also bought one.

Then the troubles started.

We had lots of phone calls with the Chinese owners, many modifications over the last year, and more to come. We were basically product development techs for them.

There some new parts in the mail as we speak, to modify the way the cables enter the head unit, which will involve taking it apart to modify it.
At no time have they got the bottom of the issues, but they sure are trying hard.

It is basically a modified car system. It has great potential, and when it is working, it is fine, but lots of silly little issue.

Here is some footage from both cameras on a 2010 GS 1200
Are you running the latest firmware? I think it is 180 and I had to update mine when it arrived.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-Jan-2017, 08:11 PM (091)
Not that senior.

Send a message via MSN to gdayjr Send a message via Yahoo to gdayjr Send a message via Skype™ to gdayjr
Oh yeah.

Yes mate the latest every thing.
New parts should be here any day now to fix the cable entry issues.

I am also using their power supply, which is a handy bit of kit
https://www.innovv.com/innovv-power-hub1-cjxt

Graham Day. Sydney Australia
2005 R1200GS 93,000km (Stolen)
2004 R1200GS. 88, 000 km
2007 R1200GS. 34000 km.
current bike. 2010 R1200GS. 45000 km

Last edited by gdayjr; 12-Jan-2017 at 09:58 PM (165).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode