Admore Taillights, Anyone done an installation? - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By Guideboat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 16-May-2017, 12:42 PM (737) Thread Starter

Admore Taillights, Anyone done an installation?

after much research, I believe I have decided on the Admore Programmable Tail lights. has anyone here done an installation or have experience with this particular tail light? it was a difficult choice between that and the Clearwater "billie" lights but I like the programmable features of the admore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 17-May-2017, 12:07 PM (713)

Garage
I have installed one on each of my 3 bikes; GSA, R1150RT and a R90/6. The install is very easy and straightforward if you follow the instructions and are familiar with referring to wiring diagrams and wire color codes. That being said the GSA took the longest to wire because I did it first, the problem was that I was concerned about screwing up with the CANBUS and making sure the wiring was routed to make the install look OEM. That being said the hardest part was finding the switched circuit wire on the GSA and tucking all the wires in a hidden route. You might ask a dealer or friend familiar with the CANBUS to point out which wire is switched. Otherwise the units work great on all three bikes. The light is mostly plug and play, as the positaps make the task of tapping in to the wiring harness really easy. You do not need any special fuses or connection thru any device or directly to the battery.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-May-2017, 03:49 AM (367) Thread Starter

thank you sir. I talked to a guy at Admore and he said for my 2015 gs it would be the red and brown wires....revzilla has shipped so I think I know what my plans are for the weekend!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-May-2017, 05:34 AM (440)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwant2ride View Post
thank you sir. I talked to a guy at Admore and he said for my 2015 gs it would be the red and brown wires....revzilla has shipped so I think I know what my plans are for the weekend!
I am deciding between admore or hyperlites. Interested how your admore install turns out. Please post some pics when complete.
Thanks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-May-2017, 05:54 AM (454)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwant2ride View Post
after much research, I believe I have decided on the Admore Programmable Tail lights. has anyone here done an installation or have experience with this particular tail light? it was a difficult choice between that and the Clearwater "billie" lights but I like the programmable features of the admore.
Another option is to use the Hex EZcan which plugs into the bike's CANbus and is programmable to control any tail light you add. You can use any auxiliary tail light (programmable or not) and the EZcan allows you to program it. The advantage is that EZcan will also allow for programming of other devices, such as aux. headlights. ALSO you don't have to cut or splice any of the bike's wires; just plug it in. The device costs a little more than a programmable tail light, but you can get some savings by buying a much cheaper non-programmable light. Just another option to consider. The Admore lights are very nice units too.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 18-May-2017, 12:47 PM (741)

Garage
Here are photos of my install on the GSA. As for the Hexcan, I am not sold that you need it for this installation. First, the Admore is Canbus friendly and a straightforward install, the bike does not even know it is installed (no alarms so far). So needing an intermediary device (any brand) for this add on is not necessary in my opinion. If you are planning all kinds of other farkles, then use the Hexcan for those non-Canbus friendly items. The Admore is programmable but works excellent as set up. Sometimes you don't need to tweak what already works.

The Admore really gets peoples attention as I see the back off reaction of drivers behind me, more so than without the Admore. The Admore is in your face on the back of the bike. As for Hyperlites or whatever I have no experience with them.
Attached Images

rsmith, Houdini and Ryno23 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode