How many compiments do you get on your "GS"? - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-Apr-2016, 05:02 AM (418) Thread Starter

How many compiments do you get on your "GS"?

I have had my 2015 "GS" for a month this coming Friday. since that time I get a few "looks" while at a light or when parked but yesterday was an exceptionally different day. I started wondering, do all bikes get this much attention? I stopped at a gas station and an older woman was getting back in her car and she looked at me and said, "nice motorcycle", i thanked her. I go in the station to pay and come out and there is a large middle aged guy getting out of a white suv Cadillac and he says, bike man". I leave the station and go tot he bank. when I come out an 82 year old man is standing at the bike closely inspecting it. he says," nice BMW bike and I don't see many of them". we talked a few minutes and then I left wondering if today was an exception or is this the way it is going to be in the future? do you have the same experiences or is it because I am so anal about keeping my bike in showroom condition?
PoppyGreg, Peach and WayneW like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-Apr-2016, 06:54 AM (495)
Kam

This is the first bike that I've owned where people stop and appreciate it! I too have had people out of the blue compliment it.

I think it's the form with function look about it.

Kam
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-Apr-2016, 02:53 PM (828)
Reprobate

I once pulled into a campground and the only open site was next to a roudy bunch on Harleys. They came over to say hello and after looking at my GSA for a while one of them said, "That is one f**king ugly bike!"

I set up my tent then opened the topcase, which was full of ice and beer. The same pirate took one look and said, "That is one f**king awesome bike!"
mikec, Harley, Peach and 2 others like this.

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-Apr-2016, 06:58 PM (999)

It really is one attention grabber!!

I too have received more compliments while on my new GSA than any other bike. It's got to be the form over function thing, and that it's not really like many other bikes out there. Add to that, the awesome BMW badges on each side!!

Feels good!!

2016 K1600GT Cosmic Blue
2016 R1200GSA Matt Red

Last edited by Snblislandtime; 25-Apr-2016 at 07:29 AM (520).
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-Apr-2016, 11:47 PM (199)

Garage
Cool Greg in Qld,Australia

Giday all,I also get people complement me on my GS.Mainly older people ,always have good positive things to say about the brand.
Had a 2005 GS1200 and a couple months ago replaced it with a brand spanker GS1200 and oh yea-it just gets better lol.
No wonder people like them.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-Apr-2016, 04:32 PM (897)

Everybody and their brother has a Harley with obnoxiously loud pipes. You don't see many beemers. I've had people come up to me and start conversations about my 09 GS. Made friends that way.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-Apr-2016, 05:58 PM (957)

Since the bike is new to me I havnt been out in any good weather yet,but I'm not expecting many compliments from the Hardley crowd
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-Apr-2016, 04:15 AM (385) Thread Starter

so i go to a new dr yesterday and I go in with all my gear (ATGATT). when the dr comes into the room he sees mt gear and asks what bike I am riding. I tell him a 2015 r1200 GS. he tells me he is about to buy a BMW too and before any exam he is pulling up the bmw website looking at my model and showing me a couple of models he is considering. then he got down to business. you know all that went well!
PoppyGreg likes this.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-Apr-2016, 05:46 PM (949)

Garage
I get a lot of positive comments on mine all the time... Even from other riders... I get them on my GTL too, but 15GS just seems to get a lot more... Thailand does have few "big bikes" ... With that said the BMW gets all the attention in a group... More and more of them are showing up too... Nice to see the bike and brand appreciated... I do notice most real big bikers go ATTGATT or a version of it... The rest are in shorts, tee shirt, flip flops, sneakers or clogs... Silly, any incident becomes a real issue fast.. All Big Bikers wear helmets so at least they get that right...

Steve Winters
Bellingham MA/Hua Hin Thailand
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-Apr-2016, 07:48 PM (033)

I too have received plenty compliments and questions. I can be surrounded by Harleys and they come over to the GSA. And more times than not it is an older gentlemen.(70+ yrs) Kinda cool as they remember and start sharing stories about the euro bike they had years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode