The WunderLINQ, upgrade your Navigation system - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 31-Jul-2018, 08:49 AM (576) Thread Starter

WunderLINQ Live Demo and QA

Live Demo and QA on 8/4/2018 12PM Eastern Time

Heres your chance to see the WunderLINQ in action. A live demo setup/functioning of WunderLINQ on a running bike. Features, mount options and comparisons vs the Nav5/6 followed by viewer Q&A. Subscribe at the link below for further details and to submit early questions.

https://live.kickstarter.com/keith-c...e-demo-q-and-a

Thanks
Keith

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-Aug-2018, 07:15 AM (510)

It mentioned on your web site that the Commuter is for paved roads and the Adventurer model is for "any road." Is that because of the security of the magnetic mount vs. the RAM mount for my phone. I do take my GS off into some gnarly paint shaker type situations so I just want to make sure I'm ordering the proper version.

I'm assuming both versions are relatively weather proof (well, as weather proof as say, my BMW Nav device?)

Thanks again for answering all our questions here!

Current scooters:
'16 R1200GS Triple Black
'16 KTM Super Duke 1290R
'18 Yamaha WR250R
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-Aug-2018, 09:55 AM (621) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
It mentioned on your web site that the Commuter is for paved roads and the Adventurer model is for "any road." Is that because of the security of the magnetic mount vs. the RAM mount for my phone. I do take my GS off into some gnarly paint shaker type situations so I just want to make sure I'm ordering the proper version.

I'm assuming both versions are relatively weather proof (well, as weather proof as say, my BMW Nav device?)

Thanks again for answering all our questions here!
Hi GrayBeard,

You are correct, it has to do with included RAM ball mount and the CNC enclosure that could be run over by a truck Yes, both are weatherproof.

Thanks and keep the questions coming!

Keith

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-Aug-2018, 04:04 PM (877) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnock View Post
Live Demo and QA on 8/4/2018 12PM Eastern Time

Heres your chance to see the WunderLINQ in action. A live demo setup/functioning of WunderLINQ on a running bike. Features, mount options and comparisons vs the Nav5/6 followed by viewer Q&A. Subscribe at the link below for further details and to submit early questions.

https://live.kickstarter.com/keith-c...e-demo-q-and-a

Thanks
Keith
In case you guys missed today's live demo and QA we've posted a recording here.

Here are a few clips from that live demo.
WunderLINQ Mounting Options

WunderLINQ Usage

WunderLINQ Charging
AdventureDoc likes this.

Last edited by regnock; 04-Aug-2018 at 06:13 PM (967).
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-Aug-2018, 06:32 PM (980)

Garage
Looks great. Cant believe it took this long for someone to create an app that does basically the same thing as our Navigation units. Looking forward to hearing more.

Mark
USN SCPO (Retired)
2017 GSA
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-Aug-2018, 09:51 PM (118)

Gs-911 usb obd-ii??

This looks and sounds like a great addition, too bad I spent the bucks on the Garmin VI on my 2018 GSA w/TFT. I know nothing about the integration of this design and how it talks with the brains of this bike. What I wonder is, are you able to talk to the brains and do things that are handled with the HEX Code GS-911 via the OBD-II port? If it were capable to handle some of the maint resetting and service work that would make this addition even more valuable. Will it integrate with the TFT for media with a Sena 20S or bypass the TFT BT integration?

Thanks,
jeff
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-Aug-2018, 04:14 PM (884) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno23 View Post
Looks great. Cant believe it took this long for someone to create an app that does basically the same thing as our Navigation units. Looking forward to hearing more.
Thanks, Ryno23!

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-Aug-2018, 04:23 PM (891) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkm2730 View Post
This looks and sounds like a great addition, too bad I spent the bucks on the Garmin VI on my 2018 GSA w/TFT. I know nothing about the integration of this design and how it talks with the brains of this bike. What I wonder is, are you able to talk to the brains and do things that are handled with the HEX Code GS-911 via the OBD-II port? If it were capable to handle some of the maint resetting and service work that would make this addition even more valuable. Will it integrate with the TFT for media with a Sena 20S or bypass the TFT BT integration?

Thanks,
jeff
Hi Jeff,

We use the same interface as the Garmin VI so it's much more limited than maintenance port. The interface does allow some data to be written back to the bike like resetting trip and consumption data. We haven't yet explored what else can be done but it is on the todo list. We would love it if we discovered the ability to reset the service reminder

We have not yet tested on a TFT GS yet. But its high on our priority list.

If anyone has a TFT GS and are near Colorado Springs or the Bay area of California please PM me.

Keith

post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2018, 04:29 PM (895) Thread Starter

We recently posted a couple WunderLINQ updates on the Kickstarter page.

They cover the CNC "Adventure" enclosure and Android Pie(9.0) support.

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-Aug-2018, 06:16 PM (969) Thread Starter

Just posted an update on the KS page about WunderLINQ iOS 12 support.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode