A sentimental look - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-Nov-2015, 04:56 PM (955) Thread Starter

A sentimental look

I spent the whole weekend setting up my little unprofessional photo studio at “Santa Rosa BMW” and taking, and editing photos of three 2016 motorcycles.

BMW R1200RS
BMW S1000XR
BMW S1000RR

As I finished adding most of these to the website and then editing a few for Hi Res ads I looked closely at some of them and had this thought.

RKA, the company that Kathy and I started in my mother’s garage in 1985 is pretty darn cool! We design and manufacture some pretty darn cool products! We have persisted and keep moving forward in the very fast paced world.

Ok, so just a small amount of prejudice AND pride is involved, so be it.

Here is a photo taken in early 1985 of Kathy setting up our second actual bag for a photo shoot, it was called the "Mirage I", and what would be our very first motorcycle magazine ad.

Just as today this Seatbag was beautiful, Functional, and attached to the seat and NOT the bodywork. We never considered using Bungee cords for the task.

You can see all the newest photos from this weekend at the RKA Photo Gallery Page and then navigating to the BMW Specific page and clicking on the models listed above.

BUT for your enjoyment here are few of my favorite photos from the weekend at the bottom of this post.

So if you are one of the many dealers and accessories shops on LinkedIn, Kathy and I would love to hear from you, so give us a call and come on board as a dealer of RKA MADE IN THE USA products.

Richard & Kathy
[email protected]luggage.com
RKA Home Page

BMW S1000RR with RKA 50 liter expandable Saddlebags. Shown closed

BMW S1000XR with RKA 24.5 liter Shiloh Road Expanded.

BMW R1200RS with RKA 10 liter SuperSport Mini Expandable tankbag shown closed

BMW S1000XR with RKA 36 liter Expandable Rackbag, closed.

Don't forget the RKA/SonomaRaceway FOOD DRIVE RIDE November 21st!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode