Adventure Boots - Page 3 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Mar-2018, 06:44 AM (531)
Senile Member on 2006 GS

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
Sidi boots look great and are quality products it's too bad that they don't make them in wide sizes, my wide foot make it very hard to find boots I like that fit.
I also ride and hike a lot, and spend the whole day in the saddle often and am not ashamed to admit that I normally don't wear motorcycle specific boots, they are uncomfortable, too difficult to get on and off, to limiting and next to impossible to find a suitable pair in my size.
I have a pair of Asolo hiking boots that I wear and accept the risks.
My situation as well, though I usually don't have too much trouble finding size 12 regular width. I decided long ago I didn't want to be changing footwear every time I stop to take a hike (it's one of the reasons I have an Aerostich suit as well--if I know I'm going to be hiking during the day, I can just wear shorts under the suit).

My boot of choice for the last fifteen years has been the Danner Fort Lewis. Good for all-day walking, waterproof, and protective enough that the California Highway Patrol's used them since the beginning of time (or so says Danner). They can be re-soled and rebuilt, which is a good thing because I wear them a lot when I'm not riding; they're that comfortable and versatile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Mar-2018, 08:10 AM (590)

I use Sidi Adventure as I need the protection when off road. While they are not the best for hiking/walking I don't find it a bother to swap boots for hiking shoes or sneakers. I have come to appreciate having waterproof or at least water resistant boots on all the time since I can find myself fording flooded roads, or crossing streams that I had not anticipated, I hate having to wear soggy boots.
spear likes this.

'13 BMW K1600GT
'08 Suzuki DR650
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-Aug-2018, 03:51 PM (869)

I was going to purchase those Sidi boots but weren't sure they were waterproof and breathable. After some researching, I went with Alpinestar Corozal Drystar. I like the protection and the fit.

Took it for an unplanned adventure, spent 16 hours in boots. Walked several miles on em, saved me from breaking my ankles when trying to lift GSA as I lost footing.

The local dealer I purchased them from even applied waxed for me for extra protection. They squeaked a little but a few drops of silicone at right spot resolved that issue.

They are built like dirt bike boots so they may not fit under jeans. They are flexible enough to not have to adjust my GSA clutch lever position. Very good protection, can walk around in them all day.
LAS likes this.

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-Aug-2018, 07:13 PM (009)

Garage
I have the Alpinestars Toucan, the problem is gear shifting....its a pain, cannot seem to engage the gears with it and is always a struggle.......
Also the toucans are a bit tough to walk in buy comfortable.
Have had them for 2 years now, used them on my tiger 800 and now on the GSA.
Even with the tiger had issues changing gears
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-Aug-2018, 07:35 PM (024)

I tried the Toucan but it didn't work out. Not sure why. I went with the Sidi Adventure. There's probably not a boot out there that offers full protection that doesn't get hot sometimes. Waiting for that carbon fiber mesh boot. I carry sneakers and look forward to getting into them after a day of riding and often wear my regular work boots on pavement day trips. Sometimes I want to wear my sneakers riding on longer road trips because after a couple of days you really want to let those dogs breathe for a day but I still put on the Sidis. Love the boots but they will put you through the paces.
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2018, 02:56 AM (330)

For those with wide feet (EEEE) and all day comfort for hiking, I would suggest the TCX Infinity boots

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...gore-tex-boots

I've ridden with these for 10 years now (on 2nd set of boots) and they are completely waterproof (Gortex) and all day comfortable for walking off the bike.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2018, 03:45 PM (864)

After reading this thread, I felt adventurous and ordered the Forma Adventure Low. I have some high Chippawa Rally's and wanted some lower boots for hot weather, since I had been wearing hiking boots with some reservation. I also wanted some lower boots that I could get my trousers over, since the Forma Highs look like motocross footwear. And, I wanted some boots in brown.
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2018, 06:56 PM (997)

Garage
I just cannot figure out how to shift with my toucans....its such a pain.....can someone tell what exactly goes wrong?
Have tried adjusting the lever also but not much help
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2018, 06:22 AM (474)

Are they just too stiff and thick? If so, I have that issue with my Formas. It took a bit to break them in so they had more flex, which helped. The other part was I realized I had to reach much further down with my toes - took more effort and I have no feel like I do with my normal Alpine Star boots. But I can make it work, just not if I'm trying to be all sporty.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2018, 06:28 AM (478)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaprhys View Post
Are they just too stiff and thick? If so, I have that issue with my Formas. It took a bit to break them in so they had more flex, which helped. The other part was I realized I had to reach much further down with my toes - took more effort and I have no feel like I do with my normal Alpine Star boots. But I can make it work, just not if I'm trying to be all sporty.
Shit Same happens to me.....absolutley!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode