Adventure Boots - Page 4 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2018, 06:44 AM (489)

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Shit Same happens to me.....absolutley!
Yeah - I really struggled the first time I tried. It was a quick thing and on my VStrom, so I just went back to my other boots before I rode off. Then I decided to take a full day of riding with the Formas, just to get used to them. It was back in Feb and I was solo that day (took PTO because it was warm). I got to the point where it wasn't too bad.

I probably need to adjust the shift lever a bit to help offset the height, if I know I'll be wearing them for a bit. Haven't tried that yet, but it may be time to start playing around. I paid a pretty penny for them and need to get my money's worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2018, 07:13 AM (509)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve339 View Post
How long did it take for the boots to break-in?
The boots arrived on a Monday and on a Wednesday I went for a multi-thousand mile ride with lots of walking in between. They are very pliable and there was really no breakin needed.

North Carolina based
2017 R1200 GS Adventure
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2018, 07:57 PM (039)

Garage
+1 on the TCX Evo Infiniti Gore Tex boots. I recently got a pair for my off-roading adventures and it is amazing how comfortable they are right out of the box. (I have another pair of TCX boots with similar experience.) The main reason for me wearing an adventure style boot is for protection and these are awesome in terms of support, protection and comfort. Easy to shift with as well!

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-Aug-2018, 03:48 PM (866)

Got my Forma Adventure Low boots today and am wearing them now. They are relatively comfortable right out of the box. Squeaky, but seems to be getting better as time passes. Rode about 5 miles on my GSA. There is no feel for the shifter lever, but you can feel the bike change gears. I think it would be better if the wear pad on the boot was leather instead of plastic, but it be what it be... They are relatively ugly, but they are for protection, not beauty. As I read on the Harley forum the other day: "Adventure riders go for function, not looks." Just my $0.02.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 23-Jan-2019, 06:42 PM (029)

I had TCX boots for years, but have switched to the Alpinestar Toucans. These fit great, right out of the box. Made for a medium wide foot. I really like the thin toe for shifting gears. I have used them for three years now, mostly offroad, and they hardly show any wear.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 24-Jan-2019, 08:47 AM (616)
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
TCX Drifter have served me well, a trip from South Dakota to Inuvik and back in 2017 on my KLR, a run up and down Baja on my KLR. They kept my feet dry in 14 days of rain headed North and protected my shins and ankles while falling in the Baja sand. Only took a few days to break in, were comfortable for walking off the bike while sightseeing. Quite durable, Soles can be replaced as they are stitched on rather than molded on, replaceable latches if needed, fit my wide feet and fat calves too. I'd buy again.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-Feb-2019, 06:33 PM (023)

Got a pair of Gaerne Balance boots about 5 years ago. Best boots I've ever owned ..

'15 R1200GS LC
'14 KTM 500EXC
'07 GSXr-750
'99 VFR800fi
'67 BSA t'bolt
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-Feb-2019, 06:33 AM (523)

What this video about boots and ask yourself, which is more expensive, the boots or all those pins and screws.

https://youtu.be/XYof-jZUNfs

I love these guys and their videos. Very practical and good advice on things off-road.

Current scooters:
'16 R1200GS Triple Black
'16 KTM Super Duke 1290R
'18 Yamaha WR250R
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-Feb-2019, 08:41 AM (611)

I went with Forma Boulder boots. I like their stiffness and the fact that they can be resoled.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode