Shoei Neotec 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 15-Nov-2018, 08:22 PM (098) Thread Starter

Garage
Shoei Neotec 2

Just a brief update on the Shoei Neotec 2. I had the Shoei Neotec which I used for 4 years I think.
Ordered it and have been using it for a few months now:
Pros
1) The latching system is so convenient compared to the D Ring
2) Its quieter than my Neotec
3) The interior materials have a richer feel to them

Now the only problem I am having with the Neotec 2 is that in some weird way it blocks out part of my instrument cluster on the GSA.......so I have to loook down kinda to get the cluster in view......with the neotec I did not have this issue. Its annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 16-Nov-2018, 04:48 AM (450)

Hmmm, I've had my Neotec 2 since May and have not noticed that. But I also don't tend to look at my instruments very much. Just a few times a ride to check fuel. The NAV VI is high enough I definitely don't notice any issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Just a brief update on the Shoei Neotec 2. I had the Shoei Neotec which I used for 4 years I think.
Ordered it and have been using it for a few months now:
Pros
1) The latching system is so convenient compared to the D Ring
2) Its quieter than my Neotec
3) The interior materials have a richer feel to them

Now the only problem I am having with the Neotec 2 is that in some weird way it blocks out part of my instrument cluster on the GSA.......so I have to loook down kinda to get the cluster in view......with the neotec I did not have this issue. Its annoying.

Has anyone else noticed this?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 16-Nov-2018, 09:58 AM (665)
Super Awesom Person

I have the TFT display and don't notice a problem looking at it. The only problem I had with the Neotec 2 is the big square rubber bit around the male part of the buckle. It kept catching on my jacket collar. The rubber eventually tore a bit and I removed it. The buckle works so much nicer now without it and it no longer catches on my collar. I wish the first detent for the face shield was just a bit closer to the closed position but other than that it's a fine helmet. Probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever had..

Rick
2018 R1200GS

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 16-Nov-2018, 11:18 AM (721) Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
I have the TFT display and don't notice a problem looking at it. The only problem I had with the Neotec 2 is the big square rubber bit around the male part of the buckle. It kept catching on my jacket collar. The rubber eventually tore a bit and I removed it. The buckle works so much nicer now without it and it no longer catches on my collar. I wish the first detent for the face shield was just a bit closer to the closed position but other than that it's a fine helmet. Probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever had..
Rick I meant compared to the Neotec the Neotec 2 has lesser low end visibility
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 16-Nov-2018, 11:31 AM (730)

Garage
I have the Neotec I and the II looks good build wise but the reviews of the comm system continue to be fairly lousy. The Sena 20 is on my current helmet which I would have problems mounting to the II. I don't love it enough to spend another $300 for the unit designed for the II.

It is amazing that Sena booted the release of the unit designed for the II and came out with their own connected helmet, same time. Were I Neotec I'd be pissed.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 17-Nov-2018, 02:28 PM (852)

Garage
Sena 20 Mount

I have the Neotec II and mounted my Sena 20S from my prior helmet, no problem. The boom was tricky in mounting routing behind the pads, but I managed to secure it well after experimentation. The side mount was no problem I used the 3M VHB tape to secure it.

My former two helmets were Schuberth. I like the Neotec II very much; I think the Neotec II is quieter than the Schuberth, I think the chin latch on the Schuberth is far superior than the Neotec II latch - easier to use.
Attached Images

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 17-Nov-2018, 09:50 PM (159)

I went to the shop today to pick up the Neotec II to complement/replace my Schuberth C4. I find the C4 comfortable but the lack of seal on the bottom lets in more noise and cold air than I really am comfortable with.

I really liked the fit of the Neotec and if it is indeed quieter than the C4 I thought it would be great. The only issue I had with the Neotec was the chin strap did not seem as comfortable to me compared to my C4. It did seem a bit more sturdy than the strap on the C4. I also liked the latch a bit better and found the visor detents to be more useful.

Then I tried on the AGV Sportmodular and found it to be dramatically more comfortable than either C4 or Neotec II. The latching of the chin bar was far better than either of the others and the vents seemed a bit more glove friendly than the C4. The thing is so light and had zero uncomfortable points where the Neotec II had a little excess pressure on my forehead. Ended up coming home with the AGV which I hope to try out if the snow ever stops falling around here.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2018, 02:31 AM (355)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucian View Post
It is amazing that Sena booted the release of the unit designed for the II and came out with their own connected helmet, same time. Were I Neotec I'd be pissed.

But the Sena helmet is full faced only...

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2018, 06:29 AM (520)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guideboat View Post
I have the Neotec II and mounted my Sena 20S from my prior helmet, no problem.
Thanks. There have been comment otherwise on the internets. Your install looks clean.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2018, 08:45 PM (115)

Garage
I really see no difference in the SENA 20S mounted on the Neotec II and my former Schuberth C3, other than it is slightly to the rearward. Goes on and off easily, buttons are easily to maneuver when riding, does not interfere with using the sunshade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode