• 1 Post By Outaluck
  • 1 Post By Glenfiddich
  • 1 Post By Sean Harper
  • 1 Post By Sean Harper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 24-Mar-2019, 09:13 AM (592) Thread Starter

Garage
Noob in Colorado

Hi, I just joined this forum as a new (to me) 2005 R1200GS owner. Picking it up tonight and can't wait to hit some dirt! I also have a 2018 K1600B Grand America for the pavement. I'm in northern Colorado along the front range so no shortage of riding opportunities around here. I'll be looking for some used farkles here and anywhere else I can find them. I'm mainly looking for a low seat, larger foot pegs, highway pegs, a throttle lock, and maybe a wider windshield for more comfort on the highway. I want to be able to take this on some longer trips and then hit the dirt once I get there.
Southpaw, Crucian and redhawk4 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 24-Mar-2019, 09:57 AM (623)

Garage
welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum. It's good to have a plan!!!
smillerv2 likes this.

Dave

Don't forget bikers have more fun in a group.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 R1200GS
2009 R1200R
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 24-Mar-2019, 10:21 AM (639) Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Dave!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-Mar-2019, 07:32 AM (522)

Garage
Welcome to the forum! Are you on the K1600 forum also? If not, check it out.
smillerv2 likes this.

RSmith

15 K1600 GTL (gone)
16 R1200 GS/Adv
17 HD Ultra CVO
18 K1600 GTL
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Mar-2019, 04:28 PM (894)

Garage
Welcome! I'm new to the GS world too, from Denver. And still "customizing" my ride as well. Perhaps our rides will cross paths sometime. Enjoy!
smillerv2 likes this.

Black 2018 R1200GS Adventure, Yes Nav VI, no TFT.
Still have Harley, but it's quite lonely now...
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 27-Mar-2019, 06:46 AM (490)
Reprobate

Welcome aboard!

As for farkles, what works for others might not suit you. What I'd suggest is to deal with ergonomic issues (saddle, risers, etc) to make the bike fit you...then go to the Top o' The Rockies rally in Paonia this summer and do the show and tell thing with other GS riders to put eyeballs on some of the suggestions you'll undoubtedly get. Unless, of course, you're into change for the sake of change, in which case farkle till the funds run out!

Beautiful part of the country you live in! As pretty as Vermont, but in a totally different way.

Pete
smillerv2 likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-Apr-2019, 11:14 PM (176)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smillerv2 View Post
Hi, I just joined this forum as a new (to me) 2005 R1200GS owner. Picking it up tonight and can't wait to hit some dirt! I also have a 2018 K1600B Grand America for the pavement. I'm in northern Colorado along the front range so no shortage of riding opportunities around here. I'll be looking for some used farkles here and anywhere else I can find them. I'm mainly looking for a low seat, larger foot pegs, highway pegs, a throttle lock,
and maybe a wider windshield for more comfort on the highway. I want to be able to take this on some longer trips and then hit the dirt once I get there.
Hey fellow CO Noob, just so happens I just purchased an ‘05 1200GS last year shortly after attending adventure riding school in July! How’s it goin’ with the used farkles hunt? You mentioned a couple of items that I would actually prefer the opposite of (lower seat & wider windshield specifically)
smillerv2 likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-Apr-2019, 11:31 PM (188)

...and did I mention I’m a (Den Metro) noob ?! Anyhow, Re. the used farkle hunt, I have a potential barter situation that’s appropriate to mention. I have a Sargent Seat that feels low to my frame and a Cee Bailey’s touring windshield that would just rather be standard size. Your standard equip might just be what I would prefer in the interem.
BTW if you look up Cee Bailey’s they only do aircraft plastics now, but at one time were into moto windshields... let me know!
smillerv2 likes this.

Last edited by Sean Harper; 12-Apr-2019 at 11:48 PM (200). Reason: Continuance from last msg cut short...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 20-Jun-2019, 10:24 PM (141) Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Harper View Post
...and did I mention I’m a (Den Metro) noob ?! Anyhow, Re. the used farkle hunt, I have a potential barter situation that’s appropriate to mention. I have a Sargent Seat that feels low to my frame and a Cee Bailey’s touring windshield that would just rather be standard size. Your standard equip might just be what I would prefer in the interem.
BTW if you look up Cee Bailey’s they only do aircraft plastics now, but at one time were into moto windshields... let me know!
Sorry, I missed your reply back in April. If you're still interested in swapping seats and/or windshields I'd be willing to take a look at what you've got. My bike's apart right now while I replace the tail fairing so this weekend may not work out, but if I can get it back together tomorrow then maybe... Having trouble moving the seat lock cylinder from the old tail section to the new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode