R1200GS Forum banner

New Member from Canada

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  advgunner 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello. Thank you for letting me join your forum. I have a 2014 BMW F800GT.. well, for another week. I have been wanting a motorcycle I can do more touring and camping with. I've been looking at, sitting on and test riding ( the few that let me ) bikes for awhile now. I purposely didn't ride a GS 1250... Until today. As soon as I rode it I thought..... crap, this is my next motorcycle. Then I thought, not much point buying it now, Ill wait until the beginning of next season. Then the dealership told me the offer right now is free side panniers and top box with the back rest, keyed to my key, installed, all free. Crap... I know the vario boxes aren't all that liked but for free? They didn't have the model I wanted. The GS plus premium package in black or blue. I left a deposit and if they could locate one they would put my name on it. Well a couple of hours later and they found one at the BMW Canada warehouse, still in a crate. Its black. No blue left. That's okay. It has spoked wheels. I didn't want spoked wheels as I don't know why I would want them and the price difference didn't seem worth it. Are they worth it? What advantage do they offer? It will take about a week to ship out to Vancouver. I guess i am a new owner of a 2019 1250GS...

#3 ·
Thank you for the reply and the picture. I hope your GS was okay. Thank you for the spoke wheel information. I don't think ill do much off road riding, other than gravel roads, fire service roads into campsites etc., but you never know.

I have been looking at all the accessories. There are sure a lot of things. I think I want lower crash bars or at least the cylinder head guards or both. Not sure.

The black is faster eh? Good to know!

Thank you again.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.