Lever Change Out Problem - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-Nov-2019, 07:18 PM (054) Thread Starter

Lever Change Out Problem

Anyone find a source for the brake / clutch lever plunger? I managed to strip out the 2 mm set screw on the barrel that the plunger screws into. So in reality I need the barrel and set screw. Seems a strange way to hold the plunger in place; A set screw that screws into threads on the plunger. Anyway, I either need to find a new barrel Or need to have one made. Thanks
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-Nov-2019, 04:55 AM (455)

Garage
Lever Change Out Problem

I looked on A&S parts fiche and saw everything for the clutch and brake lever assemblies except the plunger: https://www.ascycles.com/bmw/2013/R1...tml#PartsTable The parts list I searched was for 2013-2018 GSs (K50).

Sorry,

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-Nov-2019, 01:36 PM (817)

Garage
You may have to by a whole assembly. I found one on e-bay last year. I made a similar mistake in not backing out the set-screw first, before trying to back out the plunger and snapped the 2mm hexhead in the back. Luckily I had enough room and with a rubber band for added friction, was able to remove the plunger and transfer it to my new lever. I got the clutch lever w/ plunger as insurance in case that original part failed - so far it's holding up. I checked places like Beemer Boneyard to no success. E-bay was where I found the lever needed. I think it has to do with BMW Motorrad's liability and parts control - that you cannot get that plunger bit on its own. (My speculation). It was about $100 (yes, I paid it) - chalked it up to a painful lesson learned on my end. There was a very similar post to this on Facebook on the MOA page.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode