R1200GS Forum banner

Mosko Moto Nomad tank bag

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tnj4uga 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the Nomad tank bag and if so, where did you decide to attach the bottom straps?

#2 ·
I wish that I could answer this one for you but I just went to pull the trigger on this bad-boy today and found that they are sold-out again! :frown2:

Once you figure out how to mount it, be sure to come back here and rub salt in my wounds by telling me (us) how great it is.:wink2:

#4 ·
Please post up your experience when you get it. I've been looking at this tank bag as I like the hydration pack feature. I'm not a fan of tank bags to start. I "feel" like they are in the way especially when I'm riding off-road. I prefer to carry my "immediate" need stuff in a tail pack. I currently own the smallest Wolfman tankbag, the Blackhawk, and barely even use that. But I'm also tiring of wearing a "camelbak" for water. So the hydration feature is what I'm really after...

I'd also like to see pictures how you mount it up!

#5 ·
Nomad Tank Bag

Trying to respond for a 3rd time so patience is appreciated.

LOVE the Nomad. Not only on the bike, but off as well. Use it for personal travel often.

I tried two mounting approaches for the lower straps:

"over the tank" - worked well but was noticing some abrasion on the tank from the straps. In the photo, you can see how I mounted the clips so that they hang down when not in use. Easy on-off and secure.

"under the seat" - a bit more refined, less scratching of the straps on the bike. Downside is having to take the seat off every time to attached the bag. I have my seat in the 'high' position, tho I do not think that the 'low' position will interfere with the clips.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

#6 ·
I had the Nomad on my KLR but did not like the fit on the GS. However, i could not find another tank bank that fit the GS better that i liked. The design and features of the Nomad work for me. After a lot of trial and error, i have the Nomad on my GS. It is on the sloped side amd stands taller than the flat part of the tank. The bottom straps are attached to the frame with the buckle ending just below the seat. I may get some abrasion on the tank but itnhas some already.

Not crazy about it honestly but it works amd i don't smash the twig and berries when standing on the technical rides. Will continue to search for the unicorn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.