C4 Schuberth w/ bluetooth - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2017, 07:30 AM (520)
The ride of Life

Garage
Looks cool.

But I'll bet it's expen$ive!

- Bumblebee

The Ride of Life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2017, 12:02 PM (710) Thread Starter

No doubt, well I guess that's in the eye of the beholder i mean come on everyone wants to get a good deal on well everything but some stuff just comes at a price and I guess the way I look at helmets is, they last 5 years so if I buy a helmet top of the line quality specs has what I want bla bla bla and it cost me $1000 bucks that's only $200 a year or $16 bucks a month for insurance for my brain/head!
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2017, 07:13 PM (009)

I'll be real interested in a review from your new C-4 when you get it. I've been exploring helmets myself. C-4 looked like a great cap with an honest pedigree, I just didn't want to be limited on communicator choices.

I ordered a Shoei Neotek today. It is set up nice to replace all of the interior fabric panels, supposed to flow air well and has been set up for universal communications. I know it is not state of the art, hope I'm not sorry I jumped now.......The proprietary electronics worried me.

Good Luck!

'17 GSA - RED - Mine / '17 GSA - White - Hers

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2017, 09:53 PM (120)

The most important helmet qualities?

Fit, fit and FIT.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 13-Oct-2017, 03:11 PM (841)
Reprobate

I loved my C3 but was so underwhelmed by the E1 that my next helmet will be whatever fits comfortably regardless of brand. All the "fantastic improvements" the Schuberth salesmen promised at the rally when I bought the E1 turned out to be bull.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 19-Feb-2018, 12:33 PM (773)

Schubert with BMW connectivity

Hi, just a short message from the Netherlands. I own a C3 with the SCR communcation collar.
I just got my 2018 R1200GSA with the connectivity dash. Up till now I have not been able to pair the Schubert with the BMW!
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 23-Feb-2018, 04:09 PM (923)

Having bought and returned a C-4, my recommendation would be to actually try one on before reaching for your wallet. If you are anyway at all "cheeky", you may find your usual size very tight. From most of the reviews I have read, the C-3 is quieter than the C-4. If I was Shuberth and testing helmets that I wanted to sell, I'm sure that I too would find the new model to be quieter. Just sayin'...
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 24-Feb-2018, 10:33 PM (190) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedelta View Post
Having bought and returned a C-4, my recommendation would be to actually try one on before reaching for your wallet. If you are anyway at all "cheeky", you may find your usual size very tight. From most of the reviews I have read, the C-3 is quieter than the C-4. If I was Shuberth and testing helmets that I wanted to sell, I'm sure that I too would find the new model to be quieter. Just sayin'...
I ended up buying the E1 and have not looked back, love it!
mikec and Gordo like this.
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 25-Feb-2018, 03:32 PM (897)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
Wow guys have you seen this thing? It has everything practically built into the helmet itself. Its amazing looking. Do any of you guys have one yet??

https://www.schuberth.com/us/product...elmets/c4.html
Seems crazy heavy. 1864 grams for a size L, without the comm module and battery installed. The new Neotec is 1750 grams in a large including the full SENA comm system, and the old C3 Pro was only 1601 grams (without the comm system) in a large.

Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 25-Feb-2018, 07:03 PM (044) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdbm17 View Post
Seems crazy heavy. 1864 grams for a size L, without the comm module and battery installed. The new Neotec is 1750 grams in a large including the full SENA comm system, and the old C3 Pro was only 1601 grams (without the comm system) in a large.
I ended up with the E1 bro, I will say this about the concept of the other helmet is I agree with what your saying but everything is inside the helmet which I thought was cool. As in no Sena hanging off the side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode