R1200GS Forum banner

Brooks Autosports top case instalation

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Vatu 
#1 ·
Looking for someone with experience installing the brooks autosports top case on 1200 gs. Will I need to purchase 1200 gsa luggage grid to install this? The brooks autosports luggage rack does not fit on my 1200 gs.

#6 ·
From the Brooks websie:

This stainless steel black power coated Topcase Rack fits your BMW R1200GS/BMW R1200GS Adventure/BMW F800GS/F700GS/f650GS motorcycle perfectly. This topcase rack is a secure and quick way to attach Brooks Topcases with the Quick Release system to your motorcycle.

Please indicate your bike model and year, we will ship you the rack accordingly.

#8 ·
The Brooks side panniers are fine, except for their attachments. I suggest you consider using regular nylock nuts and washers in place of their big hand-tightened nuts. Mine kept coming loose, eventually lost one of the "L" bolts. I tried to order a new :"L", they said they would send me one, but it never happened. I had to fabricate a new "L" bolt myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.