Schuberth C4 Helmet - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bmwbob51
  • 1 Post By SkyMiles
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-Jan-2019, 04:52 PM (953) Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bmwbob51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 722
Schuberth C4 Helmet

Several sites are blowing out the Schuberth C4 Helmets at half price! Trouble is if you want to use your existing communication device, Schuberth wants you to buy their Sena developed device and they're expensive. The C4 has speakers already installed and installing a 3rd party device is troublesome. But I found moving the C4 speakers out of the ways and following the Sena C3 install instructions my Sena 20S works fine!


bmwbob51 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-Jan-2019, 05:23 PM (974)
Super Awesom Person
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: San Diego
Posts: 299
Helmets are "supposed" to be used only 5 years. The chances of finding a less expensive helmet you want increases as the helmet ages. The internet is full of new 2-3 year old helmets at half off. When I smashed my first K1600GT the insurance company gave me the full price for that helmet because it was less than 5 years old otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything for it. Just something to think about when looking for a replacement.

Rick
2018 R1200GS
Rick92040 is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-Jan-2019, 05:38 PM (984) Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
bmwbob51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
Helmets are "supposed" to be used only 5 years. The chances of finding a less expensive helmet you want increases as the helmet ages. The internet is full of new 2-3 year old helmets at half off. When I smashed my first K1600GT the insurance company gave me the full price for that helmet because it was less than 5 years old otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything for it. Just something to think about when looking for a replacement.
I've always wondered about that time span written by I assume the helmet industry!
Crowbar likes this.
bmwbob51 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-Jan-2019, 11:08 PM (214)
Gordo 2018 1200 GSA
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 10
A friend of mine was telling me about an old helmet (about 7 years old) that he got out the other day. When he picked it up bits of the foam liner was crumbly and falling out and he could grab pieces of it and pull it out. He threw it in the rubbish
Gordo is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-Jan-2019, 03:51 AM (410)
Member
 
devashishchanana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Chandigarh- India
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob51 View Post
Several sites are blowing out the Schuberth C4 Helmets at half price! Trouble is if you want to use your existing communication device, Schuberth wants you to buy their Sena developed device and they're expensive. The C4 has speakers already installed and installing a 3rd party device is troublesome. But I found moving the C4 speakers out of the ways and following the Sena C3 install instructions my Sena 20S works fine!



Sena C3 step 1



Sena C3 Step 2
The C4 is same as the E1. In the E1 SRC pro collar type Scala is available. I am sure it will fit C4. You don't need the Sena if you find it expensive. I have the E1 and it has space for speakers. If required you can buy any after market comm system and fix it as long as the diameter of the after market speakers fit inside.

Sent from my ONEPLUS6 using Tapatalk
devashishchanana is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-Jan-2019, 11:24 PM (225)
Not that senior.
 
gdayjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 676
Send a message via MSN to gdayjr Send a message via Yahoo to gdayjr Send a message via Skype™ to gdayjr
Whats the best price on the C4

I tried a C4 on yesterday to check the size. I need an XL
If anyone knows of cheap C4 helmets post it up.
I am in Australia, and we have to pay an absolute premium for them.
I have found a few internet sites that ship to Sydney for free, or a fixed cost, but it's the odd size ranges that are getting cleared.
Our local BMW stealership was selling the plain coloured helmets at AU$750. Existing stock only, which i am guessing were older production runs.
I can them delivered here for around AU$630 mark.

Graham Day. Sydney Australia
2005 R1200GS 93,000km (Stolen)
2004 R1200GS. 88, 000 km
2007 R1200GS. 34000 km.
current bike. 2010 R1200GS. 83000 km and going as good as new.
gdayjr is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-Jan-2019, 03:43 AM (405)
Gordo 2018 1200 GSA
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Australia
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayjr View Post
I tried a C4 on yesterday to check the size. I need an XL
If anyone knows of cheap C4 helmets post it up.
I am in Australia, and we have to pay an absolute premium for them.
I have found a few internet sites that ship to Sydney for free, or a fixed cost, but it's the odd size ranges that are getting cleared.
Our local BMW stealership was selling the plain coloured helmets at AU$750. Existing stock only, which i am guessing were older production runs.
I can them delivered here for around AU$630 mark.
I bought an E1 late last year and Iím in Adelaide. I searched for a while before buying it and paid $720. The prices you found are good.
Gordo is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 16-Jan-2019, 03:26 PM (893)
RW & GSA pilot
 
SkyMiles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Bozeman, MT
Posts: 5
Garage
My $360 C4 is only 7 months old

Just got my new C4 from ZLA and the manufactured date is June of 2018. I think I paid about $360 for a multicolored variety. Did a 2 hour spin today to see how I like it. Plenty quiet and the internal sun visor worked great. With my winter gloves on I did find it difficult to get the flip up button to release, need more practice at least with these gloves.
Agreed the reviews on the SC1 communication system are less than glowing. A new SC2 should be out this April and will plug into the same slots as the SC1 (called Schuberth and confirmed this). I will wait until the new version hits the shelves as I won't get many more riding days in this winter in Montana
Rick92040 likes this.
SkyMiles is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome