R1200GS Forum banner

Schuberth C4 Helmet

7K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SkyMiles 
#1 ·
Several sites are blowing out the Schuberth C4 Helmets at half price! Trouble is if you want to use your existing communication device, Schuberth wants you to buy their Sena developed device and they're expensive. The C4 has speakers already installed and installing a 3rd party device is troublesome. But I found moving the C4 speakers out of the ways and following the Sena C3 install instructions my Sena 20S works fine!

#2 ·
Helmets are "supposed" to be used only 5 years. The chances of finding a less expensive helmet you want increases as the helmet ages. The internet is full of new 2-3 year old helmets at half off. When I smashed my first K1600GT the insurance company gave me the full price for that helmet because it was less than 5 years old otherwise I wouldn't have gotten anything for it. Just something to think about when looking for a replacement.

#5 ·
Several sites are blowing out the Schuberth C4 Helmets at half price! Trouble is if you want to use your existing communication device, Schuberth wants you to buy their Sena developed device and they're expensive. The C4 has speakers already installed and installing a 3rd party device is troublesome. But I found moving the C4 speakers out of the ways and following the Sena C3 install instructions my Sena 20S works fine!

Sena C3 step 1

Sena C3 Step 2
The C4 is same as the E1. In the E1 SRC pro collar type Scala is available. I am sure it will fit C4. You don't need the Sena if you find it expensive. I have the E1 and it has space for speakers. If required you can buy any after market comm system and fix it as long as the diameter of the after market speakers fit inside.

Sent from my ONEPLUS6 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Whats the best price on the C4

I tried a C4 on yesterday to check the size. I need an XL
If anyone knows of cheap C4 helmets post it up.
I am in Australia, and we have to pay an absolute premium for them.
I have found a few internet sites that ship to Sydney for free, or a fixed cost, but it's the odd size ranges that are getting cleared.
Our local BMW stealership was selling the plain coloured helmets at AU$750. Existing stock only, which i am guessing were older production runs.
I can them delivered here for around AU$630 mark.

#7 ·
I tried a C4 on yesterday to check the size. I need an XL
If anyone knows of cheap C4 helmets post it up.
I am in Australia, and we have to pay an absolute premium for them.
I have found a few internet sites that ship to Sydney for free, or a fixed cost, but it's the odd size ranges that are getting cleared.
Our local BMW stealership was selling the plain coloured helmets at AU$750. Existing stock only, which i am guessing were older production runs.
I can them delivered here for around AU$630 mark.
I bought an E1 late last year and I’m in Adelaide. I searched for a while before buying it and paid $720. The prices you found are good.

#8 ·
My $360 C4 is only 7 months old

Just got my new C4 from ZLA and the manufactured date is June of 2018. I think I paid about $360 for a multicolored variety. Did a 2 hour spin today to see how I like it. Plenty quiet and the internal sun visor worked great. With my winter gloves on I did find it difficult to get the flip up button to release, need more practice at least with these gloves.
Agreed the reviews on the SC1 communication system are less than glowing. A new SC2 should be out this April and will plug into the same slots as the SC1 (called Schuberth and confirmed this). I will wait until the new version hits the shelves as I won't get many more riding days in this winter in Montana :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.