Additional Rear Brakelight LED - Inexpensive yet Bright - Page 3 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 15-Mar-2019, 07:44 PM (030) Thread Starter
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zekester63 View Post
I installed one of these and when I first turn on the ignition the light starts flashing. But as soon as I tap the brake it starts functioning as expected (California legal with emergency stop...).

Does yours do this? Maybe I was supposed to ĒprogramĒ the light first? From what I read, just connecting the red and gray together with the power from the EZCan was all that was necessary.

Again, its fine after I tap the brake... but until then it flashes back and forth (left and right pairs of LEDs).

Thanks.
I wonder if it is some idiosyncrasy of the "California Legal program" Mine doesn't do it but I'm set up with the 49 state version with emergency stop.

I didn't do any programing to the light, just hooked RedGray together and to the EZCan Positive, Black to the Ground etc.... I'd send a note to EZCan on their website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-Apr-2019, 06:01 AM (459)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Looking for a similar setup for my '05, no EZCAN, that will not throw a code malfunction. Rather mount it on the bike , but could set up a quick disconnect to also use on the top box when running with the box. I purchased a pulsing light device but have not hooked it up yet. It would be sweet to work with this add on light.
Iím also looking to install additional brake light without ezcan.. does anyone have any idea if itís possible?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-Apr-2019, 07:18 AM (512)

Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangri, La. aka New Orleans
re where to put it on the bike...following jetSpeed's suggestion I put mine in place of the reflector between the taillight and the license plate.
Fits well right there. Looks stock.

I used, again at JetSpeed's suggestion, the Whelan TIR3 with a Skene controller. Very happy with the setup. Very bright. Set for 4 "blinks" then steady on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode