LED Lighting - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By bigjohnsd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 26-Jan-2019, 04:11 PM (924) Thread Starter
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
LED Lighting

LED Lights - I had used lights from LED Rider on my FJR and was quite happy with the service and the lights.

On my GSA I wanted to "Go Bigger" so I opted for their LD5 lights ( https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LD5)

The LD5 couples 6 Cree XM-L2, 4.75 inches diameter. The LD5 puts out high definition light in the 5000 Kelvin daylight range, which is what the human eye is used to. By utilizing large custom reflectors, the LD5 throws light far and wide while only using about 60 watts each which in turn reduces close in glare common in other LED lights. A pair of LD5s throw usable light out past 1500 feet.

I mounted the lights using a Denali Light Bar Mount ( Link to Revzilla ) and connected them through my EZCan using configuration #3 which has both lights on a single High Power circuit.

Brightness is controllable by the Wunderwheel. I have the lights programmed to flash with the horn and to flash randomly if the headlights are rapidly flashed 3 times.

I did have to tweak the Denali Light Bar a little bit forward on both sides, I used a Crescent 12" Adjustable Metric to pull each side forward enough to obtain sufficient clearance behind the lights to enable me to aim them down properly.
Ripcord, zekester63 and LAS like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode