Tank bag suggestion? - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-Mar-2019, 12:02 PM (710)

I've got the Mosko Moto Nomad bag on my 08 and love it. There's a place for everything and even includes a hydration pack. I leave it on all the time. It's a bit finicky to get on and situated, but once it's there, it's the best I have had.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-Mar-2019, 12:21 PM (723)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R27 View Post
The clear plastic map cover on my '13 BMW "GS" tank bag clouded over years ago, and is no longer usable for maps.
The bike/bag has always been stored inside. When I mentioned this to my dealer recently, he acted like that was "par for the course."
I think they all do this. The GIVI has a cover for the window and instructs to leave it in place except when accessing the phone in the pocket underneath. My old BMW jacket had a clear window on he left sleeve and the plastic gave it up in one long trip. The larger GIVI bag I used had a map window. It was pretty much useless. I really like paper maps but have found that other than for planning purposes, e maps in route, are the way to go.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 13-Mar-2019, 07:25 AM (518)

Take a look at the alt rider tank bag. it suited my needs. it unzips 3/4 for access to gas tank or all the way to remove to take into a store or whatever. plastic top for maps and interior waterproof bag for belongings.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...94adef1cd08cb9

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 13-Mar-2019, 08:28 PM (061)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R27 View Post
The clear plastic map cover on my '13 BMW "GS" tank bag clouded over years ago, and is no longer usable for maps.
The bike/bag has always been stored inside. When I mentioned this to my dealer recently, he acted like that was "par for the course."
You actually carry those confounded paper things that can never be folded correctly? No wonder he acted like it was "par for the course."
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-Mar-2019, 08:48 AM (575)

Garage
I never had a magnetic bag, assuming it's a good one, scratch my tank. That being said, I also have PPF on all by bikes.

My other question is, is there enough exposed metal near and around the tank for a magnetic bag to stick too?

2018 S1000RR "650ib Edition"
2018 R1200GS
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-Mar-2019, 01:39 PM (777)
GS (and DR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsinid View Post
I never had a magnetic bag, assuming it's a good one, scratch my tank.
There speaks a man who has never taken his magnetic tank bag off of his bike and set it down on his workbench
Also Ran likes this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 15-Mar-2019, 02:06 PM (795)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
There speaks a man who has never taken his magnetic tank bag off of his bike and set it down on his workbench
I actually have, I'm just obsessive enough that I check the magnets before applying the bag to the tank. Also, my Cortech magnetic bag pretty much auto-folds itself so the magnets aren't exposed when it's not on the bike.

2018 S1000RR "650ib Edition"
2018 R1200GS
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-Apr-2019, 02:43 PM (822)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Answered my phone as I was getting of the bike so I one handed it to pull off the bag. I can still here the screw gouging my tank paint to this day. Gave the bag away. "Stickered" the scratch.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-Apr-2019, 02:53 PM (828)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsinid View Post
Seconded for the Givi bags. I use a X320 for my large bag and a ST602 for around town or short trips. It's nice being able to use one mount for multiple bags and not have straps or pads eating up the paint.
Is that the one for the Africa Twin. Have you got a pic of how that sits on the tank. Appreciate seeing it if you do. I'm in the market and that one was on the list.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Today, 11:38 AM (693)
'05 R 1200 Gs

Cycle Gear just sent me their daily sale offer. This bag looked like one helluva deal.

https://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdeta...nk_bag/290/491

Cycle gear wants $129.95 free shipping. or less.

Here is the tank bag page.

https://www.cyclegear.com/tank-bags

'05 1200 GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode