Cardo Packtalk Firmware upgrade (version 5.1) - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By virkdoc
  • 1 Post By flyjets
  • 1 Post By ExHarley Rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 26-Mar-2019, 04:36 PM (900) Thread Starter
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
Cardo Packtalk Firmware upgrade (version 5.1)

Firmware upgrade (version 5.1) release notes:

To all the lucky riders who love their sound quality and have decided to purchase the 45mm Audio Set, Sound by JBL you can now activate the JBL experience using the Cardo Connect App. Enjoy your new speakers!
Our Natural Voice Operation now supports UK English, which will now enable it to accept additional English accents. Brits, Aussies, Kiwis, Scots, South Africans and other riders with different accents will feel the improvement.
Bug fixes in music playing via a few models of mobile devices, so that everyone could enjoy the best audio quality, listening to their music.
Did you ever get to change the system announce volume by mistake on standby mode? That was a bit confusing, right? We decided to cancel that option to avoid confusion. You can easily change the system volume settings, by simply using the “Cardo Connect” App.
To all our French and Spanish speaking riders, it is now easier to call “Siri.” Just say “Dis Siri” or “Oye Siri.”
You can now easily choose your language, using the “Cardo Connect” App. No need to use the community or choose regions anymore.
Our Unit will now be politer to our Japanese riders and will say “Sayonara,” rather than “goodbye.”
Like always, some more bug fixes that will make your riding experience even better.
Cardo Community page used for Software update is currently not compatible with Safari browser.
Please use one of these supported browsers; Chrome, FireFox and Edge browsers are supported.

JBL 45mm Speakers

https://www.cardosystems.com/support/pa ... d-support/

Last edited by bigjohnsd; 28-Mar-2019 at 08:56 AM (580).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 28-Mar-2019, 07:50 AM (535)

Hi
I have a Cardo Packtalk 2015 installed in my modular helmet with a new audio kit as the previous one was worn out. Heard about the new palktalk coming with speakers from JBL. Is it possible to install the JBL speakers kit with my 2015 Packtalk or I've to buy full new set
TIA

Sent from my ONEPLUS6 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 28-Mar-2019, 08:03 AM (544)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by devashishchanana View Post
Hi
I have a Cardo Packtalk 2015 installed in my modular helmet with a new audio kit as the previous one was worn out. Heard about the new palktalk coming with speakers from JBL. Is it possible to install the JBL speakers kit with my 2015 Packtalk or I've to buy full new set
TIA

Yes you can install JBL or any aftermarket speakers with it......the packtalks have the normal audio jack!
devashishchanana likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 28-Mar-2019, 08:50 AM (576) Thread Starter
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
Cardo is accepting pre-orders for the JBL Speakers now through their website, link above in 1st post.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 28-Mar-2019, 01:18 PM (762)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnsd View Post
Cardo is accepting pre-orders for the JBL Speakers now through their website, link above in 1st post.
bigjohnsd,

So if you order a Cardo Packtalk today will it come with JBL speakers?

Mark
USN SCPO (Retired)
2017 GSA
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 28-Mar-2019, 03:30 PM (854) Thread Starter
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno23 View Post
bigjohnsd,

I'm not certain of the answer. Send them a message on the support page.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-Apr-2019, 01:01 PM (751)

Got one two days ago! It's with JBL speakers

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-Apr-2019, 01:28 PM (769)

Garage
Here is a Post I made in the K1600 Forum yesterday also be advised the Cardo doesn't ship with the 45mm Speakers it ships with the 40mm as of 4/13/19

Anyone that is interested in the new 45mm Cardo JBL speaker prepare to be blown away.

Remember the Maxell adds with the guy in the chair being blown away by the audio.

I arrived home to several packages decided to place the 45mm JBL in my Schuberth C3 Pro. Take a look at the photo it shows the 40mm vs the 45mm
more importantly look at the thickness of the 45mm. These speakers are the about limit of what can fit in the Schuberth C3 Pro without touching my ears. They give you a Bar Code to scan with the Cardo App it unlocks a Audio Profile for JBL.

The sound is very full I listened to Guns & Roses, Ramstein, Russel Watson, Andrea Bocelli and finished with Jimmy Buffet.
If you like your audio loud with alot of punch you will really like the new 45mm JBL. The Vocals sounded smooth and full no tiny sounds.

Only issue I have with all this personally I think it's a hazard and to distracting.

But it is a really nice product and smashes the Sena into ground the two can't be compared.

If anyone wonders I don't work for any of these companies I'm just testing them out.
Attached Images

AdventureDoc likes this.

Ian

Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.

Last edited by flyjets; 13-Apr-2019 at 01:31 PM (771).
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 13-Apr-2019, 02:35 PM (816)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno23 View Post
bigjohnsd,

Got my new Packtalk Bold last week, came with 40mm JBL speakers
Ryno23 likes this.

Cliff
Lincoln County, NC, USA
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-May-2019, 03:25 PM (850)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjets View Post
Here is a Post I made in the K1600 Forum yesterday also be advised the Cardo doesn't ship with the 45mm Speakers it ships with the 40mm as of 4/13/19

Anyone that is interested in the new 45mm Cardo JBL speaker prepare to be blown away.

Remember the Maxell adds with the guy in the chair being blown away by the audio.

I arrived home to several packages decided to place the 45mm JBL in my Schuberth C3 Pro. Take a look at the photo it shows the 40mm vs the 45mm
more importantly look at the thickness of the 45mm. These speakers are the about limit of what can fit in the Schuberth C3 Pro without touching my ears. They give you a Bar Code to scan with the Cardo App it unlocks a Audio Profile for JBL.

The sound is very full I listened to Guns & Roses, Ramstein, Russel Watson, Andrea Bocelli and finished with Jimmy Buffet.
If you like your audio loud with alot of punch you will really like the new 45mm JBL. The Vocals sounded smooth and full no tiny sounds.

Only issue I have with all this personally I think it's a hazard and to distracting.

But it is a really nice product and smashes the Sena into ground the two can't be compared.

If anyone wonders I don't work for any of these companies I'm just testing them out.
Is the QR code generic? (would you be able to share the qr code?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode