Packtalk Bold with JBL speakers communications system - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By virkdoc
  • 1 Post By flyjets
  • 3 Post By jimdillard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Apr-2019, 05:54 AM (454) Thread Starter

Packtalk Bold with JBL speakers communications system

Anyone have experience with the above?

I'm presently using a Sena 20S, but thinking of moving to the above due to the ease of voice commands and JBL speakers for better sound quality/volume.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Apr-2019, 06:11 AM (465)

Garage
I have a dual set on order. They have been back ordered. No experience with Cardo products at all.

There is a thread or two on the new Pack Talk bold on the K1600 Forum. Visit over there and do a search. Most of the ones using them are well pleased.

RSmith

15 K1600 GTL (gone)
16 R1200 GS/Adv
17 HD Ultra CVO
18 K1600 GTL
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Apr-2019, 08:20 AM (556)

Garage
I havent used the JBL but used the Packtalk for a few years and mobed onto packtalk bold now since last yesr when they came out.
Have been amazing...the bold was a little glitchy but the new update corrected it
devashishchanana likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Apr-2019, 03:53 PM (870)

I got my Bold with JBL speakers a week or so ago. I was looking to upgrade from the 20S and was thinking about the 30S. Had heard good things about the Cardo Bold and price was similar. Went to the MOA site and found that members get a 25% discount (that's more than the price of the membership which I already have) so it was a no brainer.

I haven't gotten to ride with any friends, but on a solo ride last week, the Bold blows the Sena away as far as music sound quality goes. Also the volume is more consistent.

I was waiting till after Sunday's group ride to post a better review.

Cliff
Lincoln County, NC, USA
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Apr-2019, 07:13 PM (009)

Garage
Brownie

I own it but there are two different JBL speakers the Pac Talk bold ships with the 40mm speakers fits almost every helmet

There is a 45mm version that is fantastic sounding but tough to fit in many helmets wider and thicker.

The package works extremely well it's limited to 2 Bluetooth devices and a GPS.

Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Anyone have experience with the above?

I'm presently using a Sena 20S, but thinking of moving to the above due to the ease of voice commands and JBL speakers for better sound quality/volume.
brownie likes this.

Ian

Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-Apr-2019, 07:23 PM (016) Thread Starter

Thank you sir. I'll see what the package I'm ordering contains. I'm good with the 40's, sound should be better than the 20s at the very least anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-May-2019, 03:27 PM (852)

I've had the Cardo Packtalk Bold JBL installed in my Arai Quantum-X for a month now. Excellent audio quality...SO much better than the six-year old Cardo system I owned which was installed in my Schuberth. Very easy to use. The voice commands work beautifully. It paired with my BMW TFT "Connectivity" and BMW Navi VI quite seamlessly. Cardo really went to school on this unit! I strongly recommend it.

Last edited by jimdillard; 01-May-2019 at 03:32 PM (855).
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-May-2019, 07:22 PM (015) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdillard View Post
I've had the Cardo Packtalk Bold JBL installed in my Arai Quantum-X for a month now. Excellent audio quality...SO much better than the six-year old Cardo system I owned which was installed in my Schuberth. Very easy to use. The voice commands work beautifully. It paired with my BMW TFT "Connectivity" and BMW Navi VI quite seamlessly. Cardo really went to school on this unit! I strongly recommend it.
Couple of questions:

I want to talk with the passenger through dcm not bluetooth, if I'm listening to music on an mp3, the other helmet is using their phone for music, does that affect communications? Any sort of advice on whether the other helmet has to stop music to use dcm to talk?

I've heard there may be an issue, I don't like using my phone while riding and prefer my mp3's.

So the other helmet is using channel one for phone, I'm using channel 2 for mp3's, issues with communicating? Best suggestions?

Did you upgrade the firmware to 4.2? Any issues with comms with the above? As I understand it, I need to turn the sensitivity down on the mic or it will hear every noise and reduce volume on my music, is that correct? Did you reduce mic sensitivity, is it necessary? I've heard both arguments, not sure what I should do.
Thanks in advance

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-May-2019, 05:22 PM (932) Thread Starter

Anyone who can answer the above question, even a guess?

Based on the latest post on Cardo firmware, I guess I'll be downloading the 5.2 firmware, if it comes with 4.2 do I really need to upgrade both units?

If yes, why and what's the differences?

Thanks I pick the units and helmets up tomorrow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode