GS OEM v VStream windscreen - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jpel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Jun-2019, 07:31 AM (522) Thread Starter
LAS

GS OEM v VStream windscreen

I have a 1250 GS. I hate the curves and bends in the stock windscreen and am looking for a bit more protection without going to a full touring screen. The OEM screen for the GSA may satisfy the protection criteria but has most of the same bends that distort the view as the OEM GS screen. VStream offers three sizes; one is super tall, the next is a slightly shorter version and the third is a screen that is about the same height as the GS OEM screen. Anyone with a 1250 have any feedback on either of the last two of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Jun-2019, 07:54 AM (537)

Garage
I have a 2017 GSA, and I don't think the ergos are that different?
I do use a VStream (Z2487) and its great.
I keep it in the lowest position at all times and the wind is just above my helmet.
I can open my helmet face shield to cool off and I don't get battered.
VStream clarity is unsurpassed IMO. I think they produce the OEM wind screens for BMW?
I used a Puig Touring Screen for a bit, but found it too big.
Highly recommend.

Mark
USN SCPO (Retired)
2017 GSA
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Jun-2019, 10:31 AM (647)

Vstream

I also use the short VStream windshield on my 13GS. I have always liked it over the stock one. On long distance
rides I would adjust it up about 1.5 inches for a quieter ride. This past winter, I bought a clamp on wind
deflector on the assumption that it wouldn't damage the VStream if I didn't like it. With the deflector at
almost the same angle and sitting forward about an inch from the VStream, the whole setup is very quiet.
Can hear the engine, tires etc. very clearly. Yesterday was my first chance to ride for a significant period
of time in heat. I ended up repositioning the deflector to almost horizontal to catch a bit of wind and
direct it lower on my helmet. Still quieter than without the deflector and now I am getting enough wind
at chin level to keep me cooler. It's all about a trade off of ventilation vs quiet.

Jim
ExHarley Rider likes this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Jun-2019, 11:38 AM (693) Thread Starter
LAS

Thanks, Both responses are what I was hoping for.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Jun-2019, 12:09 PM (714)

Love my V-Stream

Cliff
Lincoln County, NC, USA
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 25-Jun-2019, 08:14 AM (552)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS View Post
I have a 1250 GS. I hate the curves and bends in the stock windscreen and am looking for a bit more protection without going to a full touring screen. The OEM screen for the GSA may satisfy the protection criteria but has most of the same bends that distort the view as the OEM GS screen. VStream offers three sizes; one is super tall, the next is a slightly shorter version and the third is a screen that is about the same height as the GS OEM screen. Anyone with a 1250 have any feedback on either of the last two of these?
I have the mid-height V-stream windscreen and love it. I'm 6'4 and this screen gets all the wind up and over my head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode