New Product Release - REMUS 8 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-May-2017, 09:57 AM (623) Thread Starter

New Product Release - REMUS 8

Dear forum members,

We are excited to announce the brand new REMUS 8. Available for the liquid cooled R1200GS! The first units will arrive in the US within the next 2 weeks. Get them first and for the best deal here on the forum. Send me a PM or email to [email protected] and I'll get you a quote ASAP!

kramdunc likes this.

Patrick Schrickel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 510-595-3300

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-May-2017, 07:04 PM (003)

Those look really nice. Not sure about spending close to $1K for a slip on though......
Southpaw likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-Aug-2017, 12:18 PM (721)

Does that come with a full exhaust system?
any sound clips?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 18-Aug-2017, 05:30 PM (937)
Kam

Ok Remus, as someone that knows nothing about your product, or mufflers in general, why do I need it?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-Sep-2017, 07:13 AM (509)

You don't "need" one.. But I just bought one to try out. My impressions are that it sounds much better than stock. I removed the baffle and really enjoy hearing my bike as I accelerate thru the twisties. Its much lighter than stock and they claim about a 3 or 4 HP gain. I also noticed slightly better fuel economy.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 29-Nov-2017, 07:08 PM (047)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputydog View Post
You don't "need" one.. But I just bought one to try out. My impressions are that it sounds much better than stock. I removed the baffle and really enjoy hearing my bike as I accelerate thru the twisties. Its much lighter than stock and they claim about a 3 or 4 HP gain. I also noticed slightly better fuel economy.
Could you upload a sound clip without the baffles? Im looking to get one but the only thing i can find on line is clips with baffles and I dont like how it sounds.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2017, 08:01 AM (584)

1k for a slip on? No way in hell. The boxer motor sounds like crap as it is. Why make it louder?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2017, 08:28 AM (603)
Survivor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin829 View Post
1k for a slip on? No way in hell. The boxer motor sounds like crap as it is. Why make it louder?
+1. Silly in my opinion.

Kevin
The Outpost, Silver City, Montana
Team Pterodactyl
2018 Ural Gear Up, 2017 R1200GSA
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2017, 10:24 AM (683) Thread Starter

Aftermarket Exhaust Systems are a completely subjective thing. Some people hate the sound of the stock exhaust and therefor want something a little deeper, throatier and more refined. Some people hate the look of the stock exhaust and want to customize the optics of their bike by adding a REMUS Slip-On System. Some people don't like the "choke" in the stock exhaust and are eager to get the maximum performance out of their bike. Hence they add a free flowing aftermarket exhaust and possible a high performance header system.

And some people don't like to do any of that and think it's senseless. I say, to each its own!

IF you are interested in any of the points above, REMUS should be on your list as a great option. It's a very high quality product that comes with a great reputation especially in the BMW community. If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

We are offering exceptional forum pricing!
AdventureDoc likes this.

Patrick Schrickel

Phone: 510-595-3300

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 30-Nov-2017, 08:24 PM (100)

[quote=REMUS USA;226498]Aftermarket Exhaust Systems are a completely subjective thing. Some people hate the sound of the stock exhaust and therefor want something a little deeper, throatier and more refined. Some people hate the look of the stock exhaust and want to customize the optics of their bike by adding a REMUS Slip-On System. Some people don't like the "choke" in the stock exhaust and are eager to get the maximum performance out of their bike. Hence they add a free flowing aftermarket exhaust and possible a high performance header system.

And some people don't like to do any of that and think it's senseless. I say, to each its own!

IF you are interested in any of the points above, REMUS should be on your list as a great option. It's a very high quality product that comes with a great reputation especially in the BMW community. If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at

The 8 looks great and i really would like to get one but not until I hear how it sounds without the baffle/sound inserts since its pricey. I have been searching the web and can't find even one sound clip with sound inserts out. From what i have heard on the web Remus Cone has a nice deep note but 8 looks more fitting for GS. Is there anyone who has one on and can provide a sound clip of Remus 8 without baffles??

Last edited by Morda; 30-Nov-2017 at 08:27 PM (102).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode