Bridgestone Battlax T30 or 023 ? - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-Mar-2014, 12:15 AM (260) Thread Starter

Bridgestone Battlax T30 or 023 ?

I wish to change my tyres to pure road tyres as I never take my bike off road. I have used the Bridgestone 023's on a bandit 650 and really liked them but there is now the new T30 tyre in sizes to fit the R1200GS. Has anyone used any of these tyres on this bike? What is your opinion or preference?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-Mar-2014, 12:17 AM (262) Thread Starter

Dunlop Roadsmart 2 ?

Searching on the net I have seen the Dunlop Roadsmart 2 come up a few times. What is the best road tyre for a R1200gs?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-Mar-2014, 01:03 PM (752)
GS (and DR)

No such thing as a best tire. What I like may drive you crazy and vice versa. Just about any tire from Continental, Michelin, Pirelli, Metzeler, Bridgestone, Dunlop, etc that are the proper size and load range for the bike will do a fine job. You'll have to try them one by one to see which is best for you, i.e. which one you like.

Magazine comparisons can help by noting the differences their riders found.

I find the Anakee III that came on my wethead is a better street tire than I am a rider. It feels good for my riding style. I've not lost traction in wet, dry, hot, or cold (but I've not tried it on ice). Since you don't know how I ride that info does you little good. Maybe the tire is great... or maybe I'm a slow old fart that never stressed a tire and wouldn't know road fell if it were applied by a hammer.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-Apr-2014, 11:24 AM (683)

Thumbs up Tire Choice for me

I got Bridgestone Battleax B023 tires on my R1200GS and have ridden just over 10,000 miles on them and they are still in excellent condition. They also help the bike handle incredibly well! I will continue to always have them as the tires I use.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
023, battlax, bridgestone, t30, tyres

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode