Anakee III Tire Life and Wear Patterns - Page 7 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 64 (permalink) Old 16-Jan-2019, 08:20 PM (097)

After 12,000 miles of flawless tarmac riding on the OEM Anakee III's, I'll be mounting Michelin Anakee Adventures next week. I spend about 10% of the time in the dirt, so these should be an improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 (permalink) Old 17-Jan-2019, 11:46 AM (740)
Super Awesom Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo5000 View Post
After 12,000 miles of flawless tarmac riding on the OEM Anakee III's, I'll be mounting Michelin Anakee Adventures next week. I spend about 10% of the time in the dirt, so these should be an improvement.
12,000 miles? I barley got 5500 out of the OEM Anakee tires.

Rick
2018 R1200GS
post #63 of 64 (permalink) Old 19-Jan-2019, 02:49 PM (868)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo5000 View Post
Please tell us how much noise these Adventure tires make.

post #64 of 64 (permalink) Old 15-Apr-2019, 11:56 PM (205)
OKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldButNotDead View Post
Had a 2011GS which came with Anakee's and I replaced them with Anakee II's and one Anakee III. The Anakee pushed 8000 miles before I replaced it. It was an OEM that came with the bike. Anakee II's went down to about 7K. Don't know how the Anakee III did because I sold the bike. Got a 2016GS LC that came with Anakee III's. I'm at 4.4K and will be changing to PR4's because I'm strictly a road rider.

Now for my question. Don't care about whatever research Michelin put into these tires, the tread pattern is kinda sorta unusual. What kind of mileage do you get with the III? I am particular interested in street riders. How do you know when these tires are giving up the ghost? Right now I can barely see a couple wear bars near the bottom of the grooves. On the front I'm having a hard time finding any wear bars. Normally my fronts go before the rear and wear at the 2 and 10 o'clock positions. Rear goes in the center first.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
new to this site....sorry about your Anake 3 experience.....my new 2016 GS LC came with the Anake 3s......got 13.5K from both and still had many miles to go....only reason to change was I was going from California to Atlanta..........strickly street at 36 front and 42 rear.....bought 2nd set and got over 12k...changed them just this week.....i really like this tire......cupping was not a problem with the first set but did have a little on front this last set.....good tire in rain also
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode