Karoo Street - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Crowbar
  • 1 Post By slowriding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-Oct-2018, 06:18 PM (970) Thread Starter

Karoo Street

Did a search but couldn't find much info on these. I do probably 80/20 riding and from what i have read online is that these should be really good for what I need. My offroad riding isn't too extreme either, dirt roads forestry tracks etc. Has anyone tried these, if so what do you think of them.

2016 GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-Oct-2018, 09:04 PM (086)

Garage
Thumbs up

I have just over 3,00 miles on them. IMO: Very good tire on road and dirt roads. Very good for having fun playing in the Canyon roads. I will have to see what millage I can get out of them, but for me good all around tire. I like them.

Traded in my 2014 F700GS for the 2018 R1200GS Low Suspension. The R1200GS has just been awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-Oct-2018, 11:03 PM (169)

Garage
Also look here for some good info on this tire. https://advrider.com/f/threads/new-m...-tire.1276412/
Attached Images

Traded in my 2014 F700GS for the 2018 R1200GS Low Suspension. The R1200GS has just been awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Oct-2018, 07:52 AM (536)

I'm heading for Mexico in a couple of weeks and am going to try the Karoo Street. A local tire whisperer said 5K miles is doable on this tire. I hope so, I burn up 2K miles just getting to and from where I will cross the border.

'13 BMW K1600GT
'08 Suzuki DR650
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-Oct-2018, 10:43 AM (655)

Garage
^^^

Interested to here how they work out for you....not available up here at my go to tire distributor yet,but hopefully next season...love Metz tires for their feel,hard to beat.have a set of Tourance next on currently,that I had installed for a long road trip this year..awesome road tire,but limited off road..90/10 which is about right.looking for just a little more off road capability in my next set,but not looking for the on road hum of a 50/50..

Looking forwards to both your thoughts above as you put them to the test
K7TNT likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-Dec-2018, 08:43 AM (613)

Follow up to putting on a set of Karoo Street on my '16 GSA. My ride took me from AZ to TX running 85+ mph where allowed and a few places where it wasn't but only got a warning. Then down into Mexico and did a repeat ride of MX highway 40D and the old highway 40 (Espinoza del Diablo) one of the great roads anywhere, hours of twisty fun. The tires performed well on dry pavement and in the wet they were fine but I didn't push them, Mexico is not the place to push hard in wet conditions, trust me. I spent less than 100 miles on dirt roads and the tires quickly reminded me they are mostly a street tire. As long as the dirt was firm and well packed they were fine but when on any loose material the tires want to slide around, most notably the front in corners. The tires are not yet at the cords but they are pretty much done at 4K miles. I guess someone with a less aggressive riding style would get better mileage. Would I buy them again, probably not. I can get 3 - 3.5K miles from a set of Wilds and get much better traction off road and decent traction on road, although I know several people who get 7K miles from a set of Wilds but I can't ride that slow.
K7TNT likes this.

'13 BMW K1600GT
'08 Suzuki DR650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode