Anakee Adventure Tire ( new 2019 ) - Page 5 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 49 (permalink) Old 27-Jun-2019, 05:50 AM (451)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobz View Post
Didn't mean any disrespect to our Canadian friends. Just some American BMW and Harley dealers have this " Their poop don't stink attitude "
You weren't being disrespectful Bob and no offence was taken. We're a pretty thick skinned bunch. We have dealers who have that "rock star" impression of themselves here too. I literally loath it. Ask if they are the owner. If they say no, go for it. "Are you gonna help me? If not, can you go get me someone that will". They usually wake up after that. The record store guys used to act that way too. Like they were famous. "You sell records spanky, you don't make'm. Get off yer minimum wage ass and do yer job". I know I'm a people person. hahahahahaha
Rick92040, bobz and $$Badger1# like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-Jul-2019, 06:47 AM (491)

Adventure

Just picked up 1250GSA thursday with Adventures on it. 800 miles and I like them. I hope for decent milage 7-8K
They turn in nice
They stick well even in the wet
I think they are quite but what do I know im new to an Adventure bike
My K1600GT ate tires!
I just returned from a 9K trip started with new tires and 4500 miles later had new installed
post #43 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-Jul-2019, 06:53 AM (495)
Super Awesom Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssilliman View Post
Just picked up 1250GSA thursday with Adventures on it. 800 miles and I like them. I hope for decent milage 7-8K
They turn in nice
They stick well even in the wet
I think they are quite but what do I know im new to an Adventure bike
My K1600GT ate tires!
I just returned from a 9K trip started with new tires and 4500 miles later had new installed
Welcome to the forum. Yes the 1600GT ate tires, I was lucky to get 3500 out of a set with my two GT's but others got over 6k every time. It's all in the wrist.
While I am getting better mileage out of the tires with my GS it still isn't what others are getting. Once again, it's all in the wrist.
ssilliman likes this.

Rick
2018 R1200GS

post #44 of 49 (permalink) Old 01-Jul-2019, 07:06 AM (504)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Yes the 1600GT ate tires, I was lucky to get 3500 out of a set with my two GT's but others got over 6k every time. It's all in the wrist.
While I am getting better mileage out of the tires with my GS it still isn't what others are getting. Once again, it's all in the wrist.
They are like night and day bikes but the first 800 miles were a blast
post #45 of 49 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM (647)

Loving this thread! indeed
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM (879)
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er

I have them on my '19 1250GS, only just got the bike so they're not much beyond scuffed off, but I've been riding year-round here in lower mainland BC, Canada, so I'm very interseted to see how they handle cold, wet, etc.,
post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:07 PM (880)
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er

Oh, and I should add that they currently hold well in dry and the bit of rain that we've had in Sept. here.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM (881)
Hopeful new 1250 GSA'er

Darn, I'm in too much of a hurry,

they are also noisier than what I've had before, (on different bikes), which were the excellent Michelin Pilot Road 4 tyres, though the Road 5 is now out . . .

and the issue of road noise is interesting given that I'm still just getting used to the boxer noise-set!
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old Today, 04:16 AM (386)

No noticeable noise on Anakee Adventures. Certainly nothing like 50/50s

Road grip is very good. Can scrape pegs on GS easily (although they are wider than stock, so easier to scrape)

Feedback on road not quite as good as other tyres, but not end of world

Wet grip good

In gravel and on rocky tyre roads the tyres are great. Loads of grip

In mud tyres are quickly useless. The odd patch is fine as tyres will fling mud after

Overall great all round for road riding with small amount of dry off roading thrown in
Rick92040 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in