Bridgestone Battlax A41’s - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 19-Feb-2019, 01:07 PM (796) Thread Starter

Bridgestone Battlax A41’s

The A41’s came with my 1250 GS HP and I’m finding them extremely noisy. Does anyone have similar experiences with the A41’s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 19-Feb-2019, 03:54 PM (913)
30 years on 2 wheels

Garage
Michelin Anakee 3 are louder

I switched to A41ís my Michelin Anakee 3Ď were louder

ďThe only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.Ē
Salvador Dali
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 20-Feb-2019, 01:59 AM (333)

Garage
So whats a quiet 90/10 tire

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 20-Feb-2019, 07:52 AM (578)
Super Awesom Person

Dunlop Trailsmart. You can put a street tire on it like the Roadsmart 3. They work just fine on the occasional dirt road.

Rick
2018 R1200GS
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 21-Feb-2019, 09:07 PM (130) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick92040 View Post
Dunlop Trailsmart. You can put a street tire on it like the Roadsmart 3. They work just fine on the occasional dirt road.
Rick, thanks for the suggestion. Do you know if the Roadsmarts are quieter than the Trailsmart? The majority of my time on the bike is commuting with odd weekend touring. I honestly believe the noise from Bridgestones has triggered tinnitus in my ears. So I’m really looking for the quietest ideally noise free front end.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 21-Feb-2019, 11:53 PM (245)
LAS

I canít compare anything to the Battleax, never having ridden on them, but I can tell you that Roadsmart IIIs are outstanding tires for paved roads in all respects. Iíve had them on my K1600GT and my R1200R and they have performed flawlessly. They are as quiet as any tire Iíve ever had. I also like Metzler 01s for ppredominantly paved road riding, but my impression is that the Roadsmarts run smoother and may provide longer wear in the original profile.
Rick92040 likes this.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 22-Feb-2019, 04:51 AM (452) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS View Post
I can’t compare anything to the Battleax, never having ridden on them, but I can tell you that Roadsmart IIIs are outstanding tires for paved roads in all respects. I’ve had them on my K1600GT and my R1200R and they have performed flawlessly. They are as quiet as any tire I’ve ever had. I also like Metzler 01s for ppredominantly paved road riding, but my impression is that the Roadsmarts run smoother and may provide longer wear in the original profile.
Thanks again. Roadsmarts it is.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 22-Feb-2019, 11:18 PM (221)
LAS

I have an R1250 GS HP arriving in the US in a week or so. Do they come with the Battleax? If not, what? If so, other than the noise factor, how do these tires perform? Interested in grip and handling on paved, packed dirt, wet. Most of the riding will be on paved as I will use this bike for my commute (50 miles each way, some back roads, mostly highway and stop and go NYC traffic). Donít care much about tread life or mileage, but do care that the tires keep their profiles so handling does not become a challenge early in the tread life of the tires.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 23-Feb-2019, 09:23 AM (641)
Super Awesom Person

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS View Post
I have an R1250 GS HP arriving in the US in a week or so. Do they come with the Battleax? If not, what? If so, other than the noise factor, how do these tires perform? Interested in grip and handling on paved, packed dirt, wet. Most of the riding will be on paved as I will use this bike for my commute (50 miles each way, some back roads, mostly highway and stop and go NYC traffic). Donít care much about tread life or mileage, but do care that the tires keep their profiles so handling does not become a challenge early in the tread life of the tires.
The new bike could come with any of three brands of tires. I would hope for the Michelin. Bridgestone have a reputation for getting a flat spot right down the middle. My Brother has a FJR and even the front tire was flat right down the middle with the Bridgestone. I sound like a broken record (If your young enough to know what that means) But I honestly think the Dunlop tires (Roadsmart or Trailsmart) are the best tires made right now in the sport touring and light trail tire. However none of the manufactures make a bad tire. The tires today are far and above the tires just ten years ago. After your done with the tires your bike comes with do some research put a set on that fits how your plan to ride. It may change by then.

Rick
2018 R1200GS
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 23-Feb-2019, 02:06 PM (837)
LAS

hanks, Rick, I assume you mean Anakee 3s for Michelin. If the bike comes with PR4s, Iíll have them off before the bike leaves the dealer. I do like he Roadsmart for paved road riding. Iíll look into the Trailsmarts. So we have the Battleax and the Michelinís. What is the third tire that the GS comes in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode