Best tires for road I’ve found so far - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM (826)

Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangri, La. aka New Orleans
Every Pilot road I've ridden, 1,2,3,4 have started slipping on tar snakes at 4k miles...unnerving. Mileage ok, like 8-8500, not going to bite at the 5s, Michelin had their chance.

two favs are Pirelli Scorpion trail 2 s and Tourance Nexts. Scorpions were a bit of a smoother ride, Nexts handled dirt and gravel better. Both have excellent wet and dry traction, Both are giving me around 10k miles, IOW better than the Pilot Roads.
Mileage is a personal thing (YMMV), but relative to the Michelins the Pirellis and Tourances are giving me 20%, maybe <25% better mileage, a better ride and more confidence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 02:49 AM (326)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single T View Post
I have a 2014 R1200GS with 78,000+ (s)miles and have been very happy with Conti Trail Attack II (2 sets over 20,000 miles each) and currently have Conti Trail Attack III. The III's were installed in May 2019 for a trip from Phoenix to Austin, Texas. From Austin rode to Sacramento, California. For my riding needs the Conti's are incredible. The Conti's are a dual compound zero degree radial and have good warm up characteristics, very stable on diagonal pavement transitions, good wet grip and decent on maintained dual tracks. The rear tire pictured below has about 15,000 miles.
Does the front look as good? That's amazing getting that kind of tire wear. Do they stick in the corners?

My YouTube Page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently riding a 2019 BMW R1250GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in