OEM Tires for the 1250 GSA HP - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 17-Nov-2019, 10:23 AM (682) Thread Starter

OEM Tires for the 1250 GSA HP

Hey all-
Anyone know what comes stock with the 2020 1250GSA HP (sales person did not know)
dealer had one on the floor but was sold
Just the non adventures on the floor and noticed one had the Anakee and another with a more street looking tire,
believe it's Bridgestone?
Looking to get a GSA in HP clothes and hoping it comes with the more street oriented rubber
Thanks is advance

Last edited by Lenny167; 17-Nov-2019 at 10:28 AM (686).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 18-Nov-2019, 10:33 AM (690)

The 2019 GSA's I looked at all had Anakee Adventure's on them. For 2020?? it's Anyone's guess, with that said, pick the tires you want and make that part of the purchase deal. My regular GS came with Bridgestone Battlax A41 tires, and so far I really like them. Great street tire, I haven't had them in the dirt yet. I only have a couple of K on them, so I'm not sure how long they'll last.

2019 - R1250GS HP Rallye
Nav Six
SW-Motech Crash Bars
SW-Motech Bar Risers
Givi Tinted Windshield
Bridgestone Battlax A41 Tires
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2019, 02:42 AM (362)
LAS

Most 2019 GSAs came with Anakee Adventures. My 1250GS came with the Battleax. I was surprised that they were as good as they were on pavement. Not great, but good enough to wear them out. I replaced them when they ran out of rubber with Anakee Adventures and like them more. They are quite sticky and neutral handling on paved roads with the added benefit of handling all but mud and deep sand off road well enough. It would take one heck of a rider to outperform the AAs on pavement. Iíve had 100% road tires on other bikes that did not perform as well on pavement as the AAs. PR4s didnít make it to the end in my K1600. My recommendation is to not worry about what comes stock on your GSA. Whatever tires come on it will be fine for roads unless you ride it like Valentino Rossi, in which case, you wouldnít be buying a GSA.
Clayshooter08 likes this.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2019, 08:00 PM (083)
2019 R1250 GSA

Garage
My 2019 GSA came with Anakee III's...
Lenny167 likes this.

Current Stable:
1914 Flying Merkel
1946 Indian Chief
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Glide
2019 R1250 GSA
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2019, 08:04 PM (086) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcharley View Post
The 2019 GSA's I looked at all had Anakee Adventure's on them. For 2020?? it's Anyone's guess, with that said, pick the tires you want and make that part of the purchase deal. My regular GS came with Bridgestone Battlax A41 tires, and so far I really like them. Great street tire, I haven't had them in the dirt yet. I only have a couple of K on them, so I'm not sure how long they'll last.
Awesome now I know- Yes definitely incorporating that into the deal, thats what the demo bike had and liked them

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS View Post
Most 2019 GSAs came with Anakee Adventures. My 1250GS came with the Battleax. I was surprised that they were as good as they were on pavement. Not great, but good enough to wear them out. I replaced them when they ran out of rubber with Anakee Adventures and like them more. They are quite sticky and neutral handling on paved roads with the added benefit of handling all but mud and deep sand off road well enough. It would take one heck of a rider to outperform the AAs on pavement. Iíve had 100% road tires on other bikes that did not perform as well on pavement as the AAs. PR4s didnít make it to the end in my K1600. My recommendation is to not worry about what comes stock on your GSA. Whatever tires come on it will be fine for roads unless you ride it like Valentino Rossi, in which case, you wouldnít be buying a GSA.
OK, maybe not like the doctor but more like the Kentucky kid-
I think Rossi has a motocross track in his back yard (not unless I'm confusing him with another rider??) so I can see him getting an adv bike
Glad to hear that the AA's are good, just read that the AA's are loud and tend to make the GS(A)'s built in road amplifier that sends road noise straight to the rider even worse... folks who replaced it a different tire makes the "tunnel noise" alot more tolerable
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 19-Nov-2019, 11:23 PM (224)
2019 R1250 GSA

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny167 View Post
Glad to hear that the AA's are good, just read that the AA's are loud and tend to make the GS(A)'s built in road amplifier that sends road noise straight to the rider even worse... folks who replaced it a different tire makes the "tunnel noise" alot more tolerable
As mentioned earlier, my bike came with Anakee III's. My next tire was the Anakee Adventures and in my opinion they were no nosier than the III's but then I wear ear plugs. I thought this was a great road tire but they lacked in off-road performance. I have since switched to the Anakee Wilds.....talk about a noisy tire!

Current Stable:
1914 Flying Merkel
1946 Indian Chief
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Glide
2019 R1250 GSA
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 21-Nov-2019, 02:28 AM (353)
LAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny167 View Post
Awesome now I know- Yes definitely incorporating that into the deal, thats what the demo bike had and liked them

OK, maybe not like the doctor but more like the Kentucky kid-
I think Rossi has a motocross track in his back yard (not unless I'm confusing him with another rider??) so I can see him getting an adv bike
Rossi is a MotoGP legend in his own time. No doubt, he would give a motocrosss rider a run for his money, but when I think Rossi, I don’t think motocrosss. I think you may be mistaking him for someone else.
I also think you may be confusing Anakee Adventures with Anakee IIIs.
AAs are not loud at all. They are often confused with the Anakee IIIs, which are quite loud. A bit of research on this forum will make this clear. As I said earlier, my 1250 GS came with the Battleaxs. As between them and the AAs, the AAs are more quiet, stickier on pavement, handle better and perform better off road. I’m not knocking the Battkeaxs. As I have said, they are really good tires for the GS or GSA that is ridden primarily on pavement. They are just not as good at that as the AAs in my opinion and not anywhere near as good off road. If I rode mostly on pavement, I would be happy if my new bike came with AAs as OEM. If, on the other hand, Battkeaxs is what comes, I’d be happy to ride them until they died as well. No need to fuss with swapping them as part of your deal. I’d use the deal capital that you would expend on tire swapping for something more useful like a Nav VI thrown into the deal. Good luck with hour new bike whatever you decide to do. The 1250 GS and GSAs are awesome motorcycles.

Last edited by LAS; 21-Nov-2019 at 02:31 AM (355).
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-Nov-2019, 05:30 PM (979) Thread Starter

Quote:
Rossi is a MotoGP legend in his own time. No doubt, he would give a motocrosss rider a run for his money, but when I think Rossi, I donít think motocrosss. I think you may be mistaking him for someone else.
I also think you may be confusing Anakee Adventures with Anakee IIIs.
AAs are not loud at all. They are often confused with the Anakee IIIs, which are quite loud. A bit of research on this forum will make this clear. As I said earlier, my 1250 GS came with the Battleaxs. As between them and the AAs, the AAs are more quiet, stickier on pavement, handle better and perform better off road. Iím not knocking the Battkeaxs. As I have said, they are really good tires for the GS or GSA that is ridden primarily on pavement. They are just not as good at that as the AAs in my opinion and not anywhere near as good off road. If I rode mostly on pavement, I would be happy if my new bike came with AAs as OEM. If, on the other hand, Battkeaxs is what comes, Iíd be happy to ride them until they died as well. No need to fuss with swapping them as part of your deal. Iíd use the deal capital that you would expend on tire swapping for something more useful like a Nav VI thrown into the deal. Good luck with hour new bike whatever you decide to do. The 1250 GS and GSAs are awesome motorcycles.
Thanks for the info-
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-Nov-2019, 05:40 PM (986)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_M View Post
As mentioned earlier, my bike came with Anakee III's. My next tire was the Anakee Adventures and in my opinion they were no nosier than the III's but then I wear ear plugs. I thought this was a great road tire but they lacked in off-road performance. I have since switched to the Anakee Wilds.....talk about a noisy tire!
Knobby is French for noisy!
LAS and Lenny167 like this.

Mark
USN SCPO (Retired)
2017 GSA
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 22-Nov-2019, 05:54 PM (996)

Location: Savannah Ga, in the winter and Franklin NC in the summer
Hummm

Quote:
I'm sure you meant Marc Marquez! Ha ha

I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. "Ron White"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode