Anakee 3 + Anakee 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-Apr-2013, 10:08 PM (130) Thread Starter

Anakee 3 + Anakee 2

I have Anakee 2's on my bike and got a flat over the weekend. The back needs to be replaced. Anyone have any thoughts about leaving the A2 on the front and replacing the back with a new A3. I have never mixed tires so looking for advice.

Thanks,

Phil

Last edited by papa-alpha; 08-Apr-2013 at 10:09 PM (131). Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-Apr-2013, 11:46 PM (199)
Not that senior.

Send a message via MSN to gdayjr Send a message via Yahoo to gdayjr Send a message via Skype™ to gdayjr
Try road 3 trail

I changed to Road 3 trail.
Better grip.
Better wear, and about the same cost in Sydney. AU$439
I did a 700km ride a few weeks ago, about 140km of that was dirt and gravel roads. About 100km of that was stand on the footpegs type of roads through forrest and logging tracks, i hardly noticed the difference off road, but on the highway, it makes so much difference to this bike.
We have some great sections of twisty's around Sydney, and there are not many sports bikes that handle any better.

Graham Day. Sydney Australia
2005 R1200GS 93,000km (Stolen)
2004 R1200GS. 88, 000 km
2007 R1200GS. 34000 km.
current bike. 2010 R1200GS. 83000 km and going as good as new.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-Apr-2013, 09:56 AM (622)

Well, I'd say that depends some on your kind of riding. Around here it is popular to run a TKC80 on the front and an Anakee2 on the rear so you have good front grip offroad. You just have to remember that on the road you have a little less front end grip.

If you are somebody who rides hard on pavement, you might find that two different tires feel odd or don't play well with each other. Personally I'd give it a try and see. If you don't like it, get a new front that matches.

Actually, I'd probably patch/plug the rear if it still has good life in it and it is actually in a part of the tire that is safe to patch. But some people don't like to do that.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 15-Apr-2013, 03:55 PM (871) Thread Starter

I put the Anakee III on the back to replace the Anakee II that got a glass cut in it and left the Anakee II front on.

On dry road, other than a change in sound, I haven't noticed a big change or any problems. It seems they get along OK so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode