What have you done to your R1200GS today? - Page 12 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 120 (permalink) Old 25-Feb-2019, 11:16 AM (719)

Garage
Had some Xpel PPF installed and installed my Givi Tankloc ring for my XS320 tank bag. Not sure if I'm going to do much else for add-on; R1200GS accessories are stupid expensive, starting to wish I'd kept my Multistrada.

2018 S1000RR "650ib Edition"
2018 R1200GS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 120 (permalink) Old 25-Feb-2019, 03:43 PM (905)
War is the answer!

Garage
Replaced my stickers.
Ripcord likes this.

ďSemper FidelisĒ (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

2018 R1200 GSA
post #113 of 120 (permalink) Old 01-Apr-2019, 06:21 PM (973)

Garage
Finally got the Denali B6 tail lite attached to my 18 GSA..pretty easy to lowere the license bracket feed the line up thru the taillight and connect it to the Denali CANsmart...nice part was you could connect it to your computer and configure all the taillight auxiliary light functions to your style of riding
Attached Images

Ryno23 likes this.

Pat from Jersey

post #114 of 120 (permalink) Old 01-Apr-2019, 06:28 PM (978)

Garage
Here is how I did it lowered license bracket by loosening 2 screws , drilled one of the drain holes larger to fit wiring loom, threaded wire thru bottom of existing hole in taillight, then under back cover to the Denali CANsmart
Attached Images

Pat from Jersey
post #115 of 120 (permalink) Old 02-Apr-2019, 02:20 PM (805)
'05 R 1200 Gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsinid View Post
Had some Xpel PPF installed and installed my Givi Tankloc ring for my XS320 tank bag. Not sure if I'm going to do much else for add-on; R1200GS accessories are stupid expensive, starting to wish I'd kept my Multistrada.
Try some of the Chinese stuff. I have had good luck.

'05 1200 GS
post #116 of 120 (permalink) Old 03-Apr-2019, 06:40 PM (986)
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
I did a little adjusting and Farkle modification today.

My side stand is too long, I have a Std GS Adv which the previous owner lowered by replacing the springs. When in One Helmet or One Helmet plus Luggage the bike was precariously vertical.
Taking a leaf out of another inmates notebook I removed the side stand and did a little grinding on the side stand pivot stop allowing the stand to swing a little further forward when down and thus effectively shortening its length.
While the stand was off I also corrected another issue. After installing BDCW foot pegs the pin used to deploy the side stand was too close to the footpeg which made it difficult to deploy the side stand especially when in extremis on a slope etc. I cut off the pin, moved it up about an inch and a half and welded it back on. Problem solved. The pin is now easily heel accessible between the Shift lever and the Foot Peg.
https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/attac...chmentid=22961
https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/attac...chmentid=22959

Due to my own stupidity, I lost a Radar Detector while on my recent Flight from Winter. The RD had survived for 65,000 miles on my FJR using 3M Dual Lock (HD Velcro like the stuff that comes with your EZ-Pass) on the Brake Master Cylinder Cover. A good friend made me a stealthy mount for the GSA, I added said Dual Lock and thought I was good to go, a rough gravel road in New Mexico disabused me of my notion of readiness. I looked down and the RD was MIA. I rethought the mount and procured the requisite RAM balls and arms and combined them with the Factory Bayonet Mount. A much better solution than the previous Dual Lock solution and this enables the Laser Detector to have a better shot down the Line of Advance.
https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/attac...chmentid=22965
https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/attac...chmentid=22963
Attached Images

post #117 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-Apr-2019, 07:43 AM (530)

Garage
That garage door is just a little close to the bumper on the truck! There must be more toys in the front of the garage taking up prime floor space

2013 R1200GSA
2014 K1600GT
post #118 of 120 (permalink) Old 16-Apr-2019, 08:33 PM (064)

Do radar detectors really work?
post #119 of 120 (permalink) Old 16-Apr-2019, 09:17 PM (095)
Survivor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFromDenver View Post
Do radar detectors really work?
Good ones do. I run a Valentine One on my GSA and Spousal Unit has an Adaptive on her GS. The V1 not only alerts you, it also tells the direction the signal is coming from. They are not fool proof and you must pay attention to what it is doing and learn to interpret the signals it is sending. Having a LED alert light in your line of sight and/or an audio signal in your helmet is a big plus. I find they are more effective in the rural west where I live than in more densely populated areas. A well trained LEO professionally operating an instant on radar or laser can defeat the best detector, but quite often LEOs do not take full advantage of the capabilities of their equipment. Iíve been running a detector on motorcycles for about six years. I believe it has helped me avoid being stopped a couple of dozen times. I have been stopped only once while running a detector and that was because I was clocked by a trooper in an aircraft while in Nebraska. Didnít get a ticket tho.
DaveFromDenver likes this.
post #120 of 120 (permalink) Old 18-May-2019, 04:24 PM (892)

Garage
New front and rear tires installed, trying dyna beads for balance.
Fabricated kickstand foot and installed. Took a look at options to mount a proper horn.

I never finish anyth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode