R1200GS Forum banner

Hello From New Scottish Member

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GSRider 
#1 ·
Hi, I am a new member from Perth in Scotland. I have been riding for over 10 years and am now on my fifth GS. I have owned an R80GS, 2 R1100GS's, an R1150GS and now have a month old R1200GSA. My wife has just traded in her R1150R Rockster for a new R1200GS.

We tour regularly and go to Europe each year. Off to South of France in September and have already booked our hotel for the 2008 BMW bikers meet at Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany.

In 2003 we toured the BC and Alberta Rockies with Whistler based Rocky Mountain Motorbikes. What a great holiday.

Going up to Ullapool in the North West corner of Scotland on Friday for the BMW Owners Club longest day weekend. Hope the rain stays away as it is a camping event.

Hope to be regular contributor to the forum.

#4 · (Edited)
Wash Out

We are in the middle of the wettest summer I can remember with floods everywhere. The Longest day weekend has been a casualty of this. I am sitting at home looking out at the torrential rain when I should be riding the roads around Ullapool. It is also very cold, only about 8 degrees C. Who said there is Global warming. It has not reached Scotland yet. Maybe next weekend. I need to get miles on the bike before going to the South of France in September.

Will keep you posted on what is happening over here.

Photo of new bik R1200GSA attached. It was taken the day I picked it up, the only day it has not rained since I have owned it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.