TFT pairing with phone and headset - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 26-Jan-2018, 03:19 AM (388)
Member
 
1st.AussieTFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 37
Garage
Hello all, I too have the very same problem with my Scala Q1 and TFT pairing. Everything seems in order except telephone audio is not being sent or received. Phone calls will however create a type of feedback loop that will crash the Bluetooth connection. I have discovered that the Scala Q1 is a 3.0 Bluetooth device. TFT on the other hand seems to be a 4.1 Bluetooth device. (can't find TFT specs anywhere to confirm this theory). TFT users with Sena 20s (also 4.1 Bluetooth) report no such problems. Check out the accessory thread "Connectivity Conn Job" for the full rundown.
1st.AussieTFT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-Feb-2018, 04:13 AM (426) Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Dartanion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Surrey
Posts: 8
Garage
Just a heads up for anyone interested, I picked up my GSA Rallye in late December and have been having the same BT connection issues as others have mentioned - after reading many comments on this and other forums and many discussions with my dealer, I've decided that it's an issue with my Scala Rider Q1 only being BT3.0 and the new BMW TFT display requiring BT4.1 or above to work fully.

I have therefore bit the bullet and purchased a Sena 20s and can now confirm that this all works fine with all functions of the TFT with my iPhone (with the exception that the thumb wheel does not operate the volume). I know it's not exactly a solution for everyone with their devices that still don't work but at least its a way forward for those that want to have full connectivity.

In summary the devices that I can confirm it works with:
iPhone 7+
Sena 20s
Both units paired only to the TFT and not to each other.
So far the units connect automatically to the TFT when in proximity and all are turned on of course.

Definitely can confirm that at present it will not work with the Sena SMH5 or the Scala Rider Q1.

BTW -I don't have the BMW Nav so not sure how that works in with any of the above.

Hope this helps.
dkgruv123 likes this.

I believe you may be under the false impression that I give a f**k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dartanion is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 11-Mar-2018, 05:59 PM (958)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Hello Everybody,

I am having the same problem with the Cardo G9X, I have tried to connect with all possibilities without success.
G9X connect music, navigator and phone but I can not listem or talk.
Bad news for me. It looks that I have to replace the Cardo G9X.
Woody737 likes this.
walter brazil is offline  
 
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 13-Mar-2018, 02:30 AM (313)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Additional information the TFT is also not working with cardo frecom 4. I am very frustrated with this new tft dashboard
Let’s wait some software update.
walter brazil is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 19-Mar-2018, 01:26 PM (768)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 4
Tft

I called Scalia. It wonít work with TFT. It needs a software up date that they havenít done yet. Poor tech support Iíve called them three times since Nov purchase of new gs
Woody737 is offline  
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-Apr-2018, 02:33 AM (314)
Member
 
dkgruv123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maryville, Tennessee... About 40 miles from the Dragon
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanion View Post
Just a heads up for anyone interested, I picked up my GSA Rallye in late December and have been having the same BT connection issues as others have mentioned - after reading many comments on this and other forums and many discussions with my dealer, I've decided that it's an issue with my Scala Rider Q1 only being BT3.0 and the new BMW TFT display requiring BT4.1 or above to work fully.



I have therefore bit the bullet and purchased a Sena 20s and can now confirm that this all works fine with all functions of the TFT with my iPhone (with the exception that the thumb wheel does not operate the volume). I know it's not exactly a solution for everyone with their devices that still don't work but at least its a way forward for those that want to have full connectivity.



In summary the devices that I can confirm it works with:

iPhone 7+

Sena 20s

Both units paired only to the TFT and not to each other.

So far the units connect automatically to the TFT when in proximity and all are turned on of course.



Definitely can confirm that at present it will not work with the Sena SMH5 or the Scala Rider Q1.



BTW -I don't have the BMW Nav so not sure how that works in with any of the above.



Hope this helps.


Same thing here, seems that letting the TFT do the thinking and not linking phone to SENA works better. My TFT firmware:




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dkgruv123 is offline  
post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 12-Apr-2018, 12:28 PM (728)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody737 View Post
I called Scalia. It wonít work with TFT. It needs a software up date that they havenít done yet. Poor tech support Iíve called them three times since Nov purchase of new gs
I too called Cardo/Scala to see what their take on a possible fix was and they pointed to BMW being the issue in the way they (BMW) deployed the Bluetooth standard which was the underlying problem and not something they (Cardo) could likely fix from their side. Cardo put out an update a few weeks ago right around the time my TFT firmware was updated to v001_014_070 and I was hopeful this combination would get things working as desired/expected....well I was let down and had the same issues still present.

I finally bit the bullet (threw $$ at the problem) and bought a Sena 30K so I'd get the Mesh technology that sold me on the Cardo last year initially. I am happy to report I now have a fully functioning setup and have tested having the 30K (v1.0.3) and phone individually paired to the TFT (Sena not paired to phone) and things work as expected/desired with the TFT. I have also tested the Sena paired to the TFT and paired to the phone along with the TFT paired with the phone and it works as expected which also allows me to use the Sena app for added functionality in this configuration.
dkgruv123 likes this.
helo_pilot is offline  
post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 20-May-2018, 07:32 PM (022)
JMC
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st.AussieTFT View Post
Hello all, I too have the very same problem with my Scala Q1 and TFT pairing. Everything seems in order except telephone audio is not being sent or received. Phone calls will however create a type of feedback loop that will crash the Bluetooth connection. I have discovered that the Scala Q1 is a 3.0 Bluetooth device. TFT on the other hand seems to be a 4.1 Bluetooth device. (can't find TFT specs anywhere to confirm this theory). TFT users with Sena 20s (also 4.1 Bluetooth) report no such problems. Check out the accessory thread "Connectivity Conn Job" for the full rundown.
What about siri? i use SENA20S and I would lime to know if you can get siri to work on your sena or TFT?
JMC is offline  
post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 25-May-2018, 04:19 PM (888)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 10
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinwashington View Post
If you paired your headset to the phone - will not work. That means you paired the headset to two items (TFT and phone) which will cause problems. Reset the headset (reset button if it has one) and just pair the headset to the TFT. Nothing should be paired to more than one device. I posted what I did in the accessory section (Disparing over pairing) as an answer to someones question. Hope that helps
Tried this today as I picked up my 2018 TFT GSA Triple Black this weekend and was seriously struggling to find out why connectivity was so jacked up....followed advice above and things seem to work great. Got an iPhone 5SE with latest SW and a SENA 20S. I had my phone pair to SENA which was throwing the BT connectivity off. Once I deleted SENA 20S pairing to iPhone, everything worked as I've read everywhere it is supposed to. Can stop bike, run into store for an errand, re-start bike and connectivity to SENA from TFT kicks in playing my song exactly where it left off. Access to phone is available as well...man, I'm stoked.
dkgruv123 and Bothacp like this.

2018 R1200GS Adventure
2010 Harley Ultra Classic

Last edited by HD Convert; 25-May-2018 at 04:23 PM (891).
HD Convert is offline  
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 19-Jul-2018, 02:24 PM (808)
Senior Member
 
goethe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 173
Garage
New set up for my existing 2018 GS Rallye w TFT + Nav6 + BMW GS Helmet w BMW Comms. The BMW helmet + BMW comm volume is nearly inaudible. I bought Bose QC30 which arrived today. In 10 minutes:
1. Paired the Bose to TFT as a riders helmet and played a few tracks, skipping tracks with the WW. [BMW needs volume control from WW.]
2. Tried slipping helmet on/off with headphones in; no issue. [Need to pull helmet straps outward to avoid troubles.]
3. Downloaded Bose app on iPhone, paired Bose to iPhone as 2nd device, adjusted settings for noise cancelations. [Optional but useful.]
4. Enabled Siri and can now can 'hey Siri, play Nicki Minaj' or 'hey Siri, call home' with helmet on.

10 hours on a charge. Excellent volume. Noise cancellation reputed to compete with standard earplugs.
Best part: 30 day no questions asked returns.

Thought this was relevant to OP. If needs a separate OP, please let me know.

Last edited by goethe; 19-Jul-2018 at 02:28 PM (811).
goethe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome