R1200GS Forum banner

New member - New bike!

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  beemerbum 
#1 ·
Hi there,

Just wanted to share my joy over my soon to be new bike.
Did the "mistake" of driving by my BMW dealership with my S1000RR and took a R1200GS Adventure out for a test ride. I instantly fell in love, even though I must admit that I would preffer the power to weight ratio (220hp/178kg) from my old bike.
Anyhow, I placed an order for a brand new 2011 bike in black/grey with Navigation, security package, comfort package, aluminum luggage boxes (3), alarm, large hand protectors.
Also ordered a Rallye3 set in black/yellow.

Hope to get a lot of joy and hapiness with this new bike!
Kind of puts me a little bit back to my old motocross life, but adds tons of comfort!

Picking it up this friday lunch, can't wait!

#6 ·
QZR,
Congratulations! I just purchased a used 1200GS last weekend and love it!

Used S1000RR's are red hot in the US right now. Have you considered selling it versus trading it in and taking a hard hit?

#9 ·
Good to hear I have bought a good bike! :;)
It is quite dead on the market here right now, dealerships are giving 12months of free full insurance and dumping prices because 2012-models are soon to arrive.. Traded mine in, think the price difference compared to selling it myself is just about $1K or so.

#8 ·
Yeah, like the S1000RR a lot, especially since I mounted the exhaust and PC5. However, economy only allows for one at a time right now. Maybe some day I will buy one again just for track days.

#12 ·
i too traded a 2010 S1000rr for a 2011 triple black GS that was switched out to white plastics with aluminum wheels. It's a good switch for me. I was riding the s1000rr waaay too fast on the street. It was only a matter of time before I spent as much on attorney fees as I did for the trade. I miss the power but love the GS comfort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.