GS or GSA ? - Page 4 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 13-Jun-2018, 07:50 PM (034)

I went from Multistrada to GS and it was a great decision for me. Spent too much time at the Ducati dealer dealing with minor issues. 22K on the GS with no issues. I've travelled long distances with the GS and tank capacity is just fine. Stopping ever 2 to 2/12 hours is no issue. If you are eventually going to purchase all of the off-road accessories then go with the GSA. Good luck.
dkgruv123 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-Oct-2018, 06:49 AM (492)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maj View Post
After way too much research and visiting dealerships I'm about to pull the trigger on a GS.. Am I correct in assuming the only difference in the two is fuel range? At the dealership a salesman keeps directing me towards the GS saying that is is more light and agile and that the larger tanked GSA can cause discomfort from the wider tank.. And I'm not nave , I do understand you get the crash bars and luggage scaffolding on the GSA.. I will use it as a "all rounder" and have no long tours planned.
The tank on the GS is plenty big for most any amount or type of touring. On secondary highways I get at least 450kms out of a tank. Freeway speeds bring that down quite a bit (350 - 380kms probably?) but still plenty of fuel to get you to your next gas station, unless you are in a seriously remote area, and then you can always pack a fuel can.

Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-Oct-2018, 04:25 AM (392)
Reprobate

I loved my GS and like you had no intention of riding long distances. But over the years I found that the bike made me yearn to explore far and wide. After being forced to camp at a pump on a Sunday evening on the north shore of Superior - waiting for the station to reopen Monday morning - I traded for a GSA. The fuel capacity has come in handy numerous times as I explored the west. And truth be told, after adding all the accessories that came standard with the GSA my GS wasn't any less expensive.

I never noticed any discomfort from the larger tank. In fact, I noticed no difference in feel or handling from one bike to the other.

post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-Oct-2018, 07:41 AM (528)
War is the answer!

Garage
I went with the GSA. It came with side bags, spoked rims, larger tank and crash bars as oppose to the GS.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TLe504, Also Ran and DvizMaste like this.

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

2018 R1200 GSA
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-Oct-2018, 09:15 PM (094)
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
I went with the GSA. It came with side bags, spoked rims, larger tank and crash bars as oppose to the GS.

How do you feel the wind protection compares to the FJR?

I find I have less buffering and a quieter helmet on my 14 GSA than I did in my 13 FJR.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-Oct-2018, 01:10 AM (257)
War is the answer!

Garage
I never owned an FJR but my buddy had an older one I think it was on 04 and my GSA has way less wind noise. Plus my neck doesn't hurt from fighting the wind all day.

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

2018 R1200 GSA
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2018, 01:39 PM (777)

Since this may be the last bike I'll ever buy, I went went the GSA. It provides me plenty of options.
Attached Images

post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2018, 08:43 PM (071)

Garage
Loving my GS in every way.
Attached Images

Traded in my 2014 F700GS for the 2018 R1200GS Low Suspension. The R1200GS has just been awesome.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 13-Oct-2018, 05:31 AM (438)

I went with a lowered suspension LC GSA (2016) for reasons stated in earlier posts. Had a 10 Camhead lowered GS which i liked but as also stated earlier, it had so much GSA or similar items on it that I installed/added, i might as well have bought a GSA in the first place! I love the large gas tank too for its long-range and weather protection which i did not get from my GS. Name:  IMG_5871.JPG
Views: 274
Size:  601.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 14-Oct-2018, 08:29 AM (562)

Gsa 2016

I test road both gs and gsa yesterday. Found GSA gave more protection from wind and it seemed to be more planted on the pavement. Just wanted to know what the main difference between buying a 2015-2016 vs a 2018. I’m thinking of saving the depreciation for used 2016 and buy an extended warranty...pros and cons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode