difficulty starting after a get off - Page 2 - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 28-Oct-2018, 03:35 AM (357)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Did you check your battery to see if the cables came loose?.. also, I would be eating ibuprofen like Skittles... Lol
IŽll second that! Sometimes battery is the problem but people forget to check that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 28-Oct-2018, 07:55 PM (038)

Looking at the picture of your spill, my suggestion would be to ride with a buddy on that kind of terrain, AND/OR, get you some better tires. Those look like the OEM Anakee III's. Good luck and heal fast...
Southpaw and Candubrain like this.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-Oct-2018, 08:17 AM (553) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedelta View Post
Looking at the picture of your spill, my suggestion would be to ride with a buddy on that kind of terrain, AND/OR, get you some better tires. Those look like the OEM Anakee III's. Good luck and heal fast...

Good suggestions, not too many retired guys where I live that ride big adventure bikes. Tires yes, but until I hit this hill I've been very happy with the A III's. They are exceptional on wet pavement and a good on corners as well

Riding "Sir Falls Downalot"

A wish is a desire without an attempt.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-Oct-2018, 10:40 AM (653)

I'm surprised you did that much damage. I dropped my GSA in similar incline but not so rocky on one of my adventure , it was on its side for over 10 minutes until I could rotate, pointed in right direction and gather up enough energy to lift. I must have dropped her 6-7 times at low speed. The major damage was bent shifter ,broken windshield tabs $33, lost a $15 cover and some minor scratches on crash bars on both side. I was concerned a bit because ABS light stayed on for a while.

I was really surprised after I washed her that there was so little damage. I bent shifter back, during adventure and replaced with stock one. I didnt go after market cause I saw how much abuse the stock ones can take. I still carry the bent stock just in case i go in another adventure.

Here's the initial tip over , where i had to grab the front tire, and spin her around. Harder than it looks in picture due to incline and not able to get footing traction. Fortunately I watched alot of youtube videos on GSA offroading , how to maneuver on inclines and pick up heavy GSA on any surface before i set off on my adventure.

Look at the dings on the bottom left pannier, that's from hitting stumps on goat trails at good pace. I now have beautiful nature scrape painting on both side of my panniers. Badge of honor.
Attached Images

mikec and Candubrain like this.

Last edited by rrrdbw; 29-Oct-2018 at 10:46 AM (657).
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-Oct-2018, 01:39 PM (777) Thread Starter

perhaps it was how violently mine went down?

Riding "Sir Falls Downalot"

A wish is a desire without an attempt.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-Oct-2018, 07:40 PM (028)

I sympathize with the OP since I have to ride by myself most of the time also. I bought a set of Mitas E-07+, thinking I'd do some off-roading, but after considering how long I might be lying under my bike in the woods, waiting for someone to come looking for me, I never put them on. When I rode enduros 35 years ago, I never rode by myself, practicing on off-weekends. I guess my friends have all died off or got old...
mikec and Candubrain like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode