Bike bath day - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By judgedelta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 25-Sep-2018, 07:16 PM (011) Thread Starter

Bike bath day

Both my 1200 GSA and my Harley Road Glide were covered in road grime and dried Love Bugs and I decided that today was the day for freshening up some "personal areas", as I say after a long hot day in the saddle. I had gotten some S100 from Amazon and it really is just about as good as advertised.. It comes with a course sponge to use for extremely bad spots, but the stuff took 99% of the bugs and road grime off unassisted. I blew off the water with a leaf blower, dried off a couple of spots with a towel and each bike took 15 minutes. The stuff is kind of expensive, but if you get it by the 5-liter bottle, it is pretty reasonable. Just spray it on a cool bike, rinse really well and dry. Much more fun than a bucket of suds and a brush. The only caveat is that the threads on the quart bottle are quirky and if you are not careful to secure the sprayer, the bottle will fall off while you are spraying.
Advart likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 26-Sep-2018, 03:53 AM (370)

Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangri, La. aka New Orleans
no scratching from the coarse sponge?

Love bugs are the worst. You must be in the south. A couple of weekends ago, a friend and I did some Mississippi and Alabama backroads and caught some patches of them south of Philadelphia, MS...ugh. The sickening sweet smell of their carcasses--very attractive to flies it seems--is nauseating, and they are very hard to remove. Soaking them with a wet towel works for me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 26-Sep-2018, 04:02 AM (376)

Yup, good stuff! I've been using s100 for over 20 years. Definitely use on a cool motorcycle. It's great for getting brake dust off of the wheels easily. Also applying to a dry bike so it's full strength on the parts works best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgedelta View Post
Both my 1200 GSA and my Harley Road Glide were covered in road grime and dried Love Bugs and I decided that today was the day for freshening up some "personal areas", as I say after a long hot day in the saddle. I had gotten some S100 from Amazon and it really is just about as good as advertised.. It comes with a course sponge to use for extremely bad spots, but the stuff took 99% of the bugs and road grime off unassisted. I blew off the water with a leaf blower, dried off a couple of spots with a towel and each bike took 15 minutes. The stuff is kind of expensive, but if you get it by the 5-liter bottle, it is pretty reasonable. Just spray it on a cool bike, rinse really well and dry. Much more fun than a bucket of suds and a brush. The only caveat is that the threads on the quart bottle are quirky and if you are not careful to secure the sprayer, the bottle will fall off while you are spraying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode