Rallye seat troubling - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By mikec
  • 1 Post By RTTX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 21-Apr-2019, 07:46 PM (032) Thread Starter

Garage
Rallye seat troubling

I dont kmow but now the rallye seat has started hurting my butt......kinda 2 hot spots where its started hurting
I feel its still higher in the back which is kind of an issue.....even though Im riding front in H and rear in L position
Any way to solve this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 03:39 AM (361)

Not to be flip but you need a Sargent saddle which gets rid of the forward slant of the OEM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 05:23 AM (432)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord View Post
Not to be flip but you need a Sargent saddle which gets rid of the forward slant of the OEM.
1+ Great improvement over OEM, I even added heat.

Cliff
Lincoln County, NC, USA

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 05:25 AM (434)

Agreed. I tried a Saddleman seat and it was better than stock, but the Sargent I'm using now is the best for comfort and reducing that sliding forward tendency.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ture-2013-2017
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 05:35 AM (441)

Garage
Rallye seat troubling

Virdoc, before you go seat shopping, you might wish to acquire some Moto Skiveez: https://motoskiveez.com/. Prior to a trip to Alaska last summer, I acquired a couple of pairs in case my new Seats Concepts low seat didn't work for me. Not only did the seat work, the Moto Skiveez proved to be a great addition to my riding gear. Now, I don't leave home without them.

Mike
ExHarley Rider likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 05:55 AM (454)

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
I dont kmow but now the rallye seat has started hurting my butt......kinda 2 hot spots where its started hurting
I feel its still higher in the back which is kind of an issue.....even though Im riding front in H and rear in L position
Any way to solve this issue?
I switched my standard two piece seat on my 1250GS HP for a Rallye high seat and it definitely slants downward, also suffer from 2 hot spots even after a short time on the bike.

For an experiment, with the rear of the seat locked in low, I rested the seat on top of rubber mounts in both high and low positions. On the high setting the seat leveled out and finally felt like my old 2004 GS with a level hi-seat. IMO the seat needs to be almost 3-4cm higher at the front. Not sure if anyone makes seats to that spec, because it would require a custom base to fit the indents in the tank.

For what it’s worth, uploaded some pics—standard high front/low rear setting, seat sitting on top of the rubber mounts.

Actually considered asking a buddy handy with a welder to fabricate an extra high bracket but I think it will just leave a huge gap between tank and seat,
Attached Images

Last edited by Gdoss; 22-Apr-2019 at 08:31 AM (563).
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 08:50 AM (576)

These won't quite get you the the 3-4cm you're looking for but Wunderlich's non-concentric bushings are a relatively inexpensive ($39) and simple (5 Minutes) way to raise (or lower) the front by 10mm (0.4").

LINK: Seat Height Adjustment Set (#42721002) K1600 GT 42721002 | BMW Wunderlich America
Attached Images

mikec likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 22-Apr-2019, 09:49 AM (617) Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTX View Post
These won't quite get you the the 3-4cm you're looking for but Wunderlich's non-concentric bushings are a relatively inexpensive ($39) and simple (5 Minutes) way to raise (or lower) the front by 10mm (0.4").

LINK: Seat Height Adjustment Set (#42721002) K1600 GT 42721002 | BMW Wunderlich America
I have these....now the problem with them is that if i spin them upwards over a period of time they rotate back to down position
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-Apr-2019, 12:02 AM (210)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Virdoc, before you go seat shopping, you might wish to acquire some Moto Skiveez: https://motoskiveez.com/. Prior to a trip to Alaska last summer, I acquired a couple of pairs in case my new Seats Concepts low seat didn't work for me. Not only did the seat work, the Moto Skiveez proved to be a great addition to my riding gear. Now, I don't leave home without them.

Mike
Unfortunately they have no fly! A quick slash at the side of a (quiet) road is no longer an option. Very in inconvenient, unless you have a bladder the size of Superman's!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-Apr-2019, 01:52 AM (286) Thread Starter

Garage
Any seat maker who can modify the Rallye seat? Hearing the name of Seth Laam for one....anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode