Where do I start looking to Buy? - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By bmwbob51
  • 2 Post By hmvogel1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 22-May-2019, 09:40 PM (111) Thread Starter

Where do I start looking to Buy?

I’m going to be buying my 1st BMW gsa sometime in December through March. My question is I want the 2018 1200 gsa in white and Córdoba Blue. I’m hoping to find one somewhere in a dealers back room that has not been titled yet. I’m thinking because of the 1250 and how everyone wants that model my chances might be a little better. If I cannot find one I might be able to get a great deal on a used one with some goodies I want too. Where is a good place to look ? I’ve tried cycle trader. If I went to a BMW shop could and would they check other dealers stock and possibly ship to Columbus Ohio? Thanks all. Ride safe and God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 22-May-2019, 09:56 PM (122)
2019 R1250 GSA

Garage
The BMW Club Motorcycle Owners of America (MOA) has lots of bikes for sale. Their website says "non-members can browse the Marketplace and use the Contact button in an ad to email a member".

https://www.bmwmoa.org/default.aspx

https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/marketplace

Current Stable:
1914 Flying Merkel
1946 Indian Chief
2003 Harley Davidson Dyna Glide
2013 K1600 GTL
2019 R1250 GSA
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-May-2019, 04:33 AM (398)

Garage
Where do I start looking to Buy?

Go here and look around: https://advrider.com/f/forums/bikes.52/

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-May-2019, 06:40 AM (486)

If you're not going to be buying a bike until at least December, it appears to me to be a little early to start looking. What ever you find now may very well be long gone by that time. Just my $0.02...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-May-2019, 07:11 AM (508)

I used a craigslist search engine nation wide to find mine. Fly in and ride home!
mikec likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 23-May-2019, 07:14 AM (509)

Is a used one for you also an option?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 24-May-2019, 09:43 AM (613) Thread Starter

Yes I will also be looking for a used one. Like I said I might even get one with some stuff I need on it. Thanks for all the advice. I know it seems early I’m just excited! Who know I might find something now even. Thanks again. Ride safe and God bless.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 29-May-2019, 08:22 PM (056)

Garage
Good Luck

I had the same game plan two months ago. After watching 3 bikes disappear after a couple of days of bookmarking them I decided that I needed to have my checkbook ready. When I found another one in early May come online near me I immediately contacted the guy and told him not to sell the bike until I could look at it, since I would buy it if it lived up to specs. I made it the following evening and wrote him a check after about twenty minutes. He had already received another offer from somebody out of state, but told him that he was meeting me first. You will need to be quick to get the used bike that you really want!
mikec and [email protected] like this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-Jun-2019, 10:46 PM (157)

Send a message via Skype™ to nikolasvel
Cycle trader and eBay tend to have the highest of prices in used bikes online IMO.

Craigslist, Forums and Facebook marketplace are where the good deals can be had.

If I were you I would take the time between now and December to be on the lookout for that sweet deal that might just come up unexpectedly.

If that unreal deal comes up though you have to be able to strike and get it, otherwise you might regret it.

In reality the only time you get a really good deal on a used bike is when the seller wants to unload it super quick and is willing to take a hit on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode