Knee pain. - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sed8r

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-Jul-2019, 04:13 PM (884) Thread Starter

Knee pain.

Does anyone else suffer from left knee pain caused by constant contact with with the black plastic cover behind the left cylinder intake tract on the 1200/1250 LC. At 6ft 2in perhaps this only occurs with those of similar height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-Jul-2019, 08:12 AM (550)

Get some lowered foot pegs. Fastway makes a nice set. It'll reduce your knee angle and lower where your knee hits the side of the bike.

https://www.advdesigns.com/faadfobyprbi.html
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-Jul-2019, 05:45 PM (948)

Location: Washington, Idaho, Utah, Maryland, Nevada, Mississippi, Germany, Alaska, Texas, Italy...
Garage
Agree - lower pegs, perhaps sitting further back in your seat (or an aftermarket seat that sits you further back) may help as well. I'm 6'3" and change, and I occasionally hit the back of the cylinder with my leg, but since I've modified the bike to fit me exactly how I want it, it never happens. I'd forgotten it was an issue, since new pegs and seat was one of the first things I did to my bike.
enzo5000 likes this.

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” -- Ernest Hemingway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in