Anyone buy a China lower seat? Like it? - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Frontman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2019, 09:24 AM (600) Thread Starter

Anyone buy a China lower seat? Like it?

I'm looking at getting a front lower seat for my 2016 GSA and dealer price is $475. Ain't gonna happen lol.

Looking on ebay I found this - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Front...torefresh=true

It's $150 and ships from China. Anyone use it? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Frontman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2019, 10:33 AM (648)

If you do don't tell President Trump.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2019, 02:48 PM (825)

Garage
So tires ride the road and your ass rides the saddle. I'm among the folk that don't consider stock BMW seating to be easy chair comfortable but factory items have cred. As long as you aren't looking for comfort and are willing to chance fit/finish and longevity; if saving a buck is a priority, go for it. Please post feedback on how it worked out for you.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-Aug-2019, 02:52 PM (828)

Garage
Oh, and....Link offers the seat at $199, not $150 and shipping costs weren't clear to me? Still a value if the product is good....
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2019, 03:53 AM (370)

Frontman I have a factory BMW low model exclusive rider seat if you're interested.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2019, 06:00 AM (458)

Garage
Anyone buy a China lower seat? Like it?

You may wish to check out Seats Concepts. I've used their kits on two GSAs and have been very satisfied. You can get their front kit that consists of a cut/sewn cover, vapor barrier and molded foam for $210. I upholstered my seat pan in about 45 minutes. You can get a complete saddle from them for $319. They're great to work with and have superb customer service.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-Aug-2019, 07:45 AM (531) Thread Starter

I'm just not willing to pay $350 (cheapest I've found) for a factory low seat as my needs are only wanting something for around town. When I go on trips, the bike is weighted down perfectly and the factory seat works fine. I've put 16k on the bike and have been very happy on long rides, one totalling more than 13hrs straight. Maybe I have an iron butt? lol!

I did order it (don't know why they changed the price or maybe I just put what I offered by mistake) and it's $179 to my door. When I receive it and give it a go I'll post feedback on it. They have a 30-day return policy so if I don't like it, back it goes.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-Aug-2019, 08:27 PM (060) Thread Starter

Received the seat, build quality looks good, fittament is perfect, and it does exactly what I wanted it to, make it so I'm closer to the ground for better footing.

As far as comfort, time will tell. I'll chime in again after I've got some miles on it. But so far, two thumbs up.
mikec and Crucian like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
52538532738, lowered, saddle, seat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode