4Likes
  • 2 Post By 60Aviator
  • 1 Post By patsrides
  • 1 Post By mikec

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-Oct-2019, 01:34 PM (774) Thread Starter

Nav VI Random reboot

Hey,

My new Nav VI has randomly rebooted a couple of times now. I did update the unit when I first got the bike (450 miles ago). Not sure if I can expect this to be an ongoing issue so wondering if anyone else is experiencing this as well.

Thanks
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-Oct-2019, 02:59 PM (832)

My unit started doing that every now and then over a 8 mth period. I did all the software updates but it kept having the odd moment so the dealer changed it out on warranty. So far the replacement unit has been well behaved.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-Oct-2019, 05:44 PM (947)

Mine did that and acted like someone was touching the screen. Contact Garmin as they were great for me. I am on my 3rd Nav VI since Dec 2017 when I got the bike. Replaced under warranty at no cost. They told me this one has corrections for power and screen issues. 9 months and no issues so maybe they got it right now.
ExHarley Rider and jaba01 like this.

2017 BMW GS Adventure Triple Black
Going to war without France is like going hunting without bagpipes, you just leave a lot of noisy useless baggage at home.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-Oct-2019, 09:03 PM (085) Thread Starter

Ok good info I'll see about getting the unit swapped out next week when she goes in for the first service.

Thanks!
Dan
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-Oct-2019, 03:03 AM (335)

Mine has gone crazy if the screen gets too dirty. Wipe it down and then its fine.
mikec likes this.

My YouTube Page:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently riding a 2019 BMW R1250GSA
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-Oct-2019, 06:20 AM (472)

Garage
Nav VI Random reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsrides View Post
Mine has gone crazy if the screen gets too dirty. Wipe it down and then its fine.
I've noticed that, too. After installing a Speedo Angels Nano Glass screen protector, I haven't that that issue. https://www.speedo-angels.com/produc...een-protector/

Mike
patsrides likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2019, 03:54 PM (870)

Mine went totally haywire a couple days ago. Screen changes constantly. Did update but no go. Chatted with garmin online and they are sending me a new one. Didn't even have me try anything. Just asked which method of exchange I wanted to do. They send first with a refundable deposit to guarantee I send one back or me send mine in first. Pretty good customer service in my book. I saw it is covered for 5 years.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2019, 03:59 PM (874) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcolumbus View Post
Mine went totally haywire a couple days ago. Screen changes constantly. Did update but no go. Chatted with garmin online and they are sending me a new one. Didn't even have me try anything. Just asked which method of exchange I wanted to do. They send first with a refundable deposit to guarantee I send one back or me send mine in first. Pretty good customer service in my book. I saw it is covered for 5 years.
Ok thanks good info. Bike is in for it's 1st service will see what they do.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-Oct-2019, 06:33 AM (481)

Mine was doing the same things as above. Called Garmin, they asked for the serial number, about 5 seconds of silence, then told me they would send and RMA and ship me a refurbished unit (mine was almost 18 months old). the "new" unit has not had any issues.

Cliff
Lincoln County, NC, USA
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-Oct-2019, 11:11 AM (674)

Garage
Garmin is completely aware of the defect, the refer to it as "ghost touch". Off it and receive a new unit. As far as random re-boots the OP refers to, I don't know but they will probably replace it regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode