BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums

BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums (https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/2-general-chatter/)
-   -   Calsci Windshield (https://www.r1200gs.info/forum/2-general-chatter/50187-calsci-windshield.html)

mhcolumbus 11-Oct-2019 08:25 PM (059)

Calsci Windshield

Just installed the calsci on my 2019 gs. It is the 3rd aftermarket I've tried and it will be the last. Does just what I was looking for. Buffeting is gone and very quiet now. If anyone is looking for a touratech or a vstream I will let them go on the cheap plus shipping. Touratech is pretty good but the quality is behind the others. I inquired with them about flaws (dimples and pimples) in it and their answer was no one can make a windshield without flaws. They've obviously only ever used their own as it's the only one out of about 8 I've had over the years (all different makes) where I noticed anything like that. I kept it because it was pretty darn good but I'm one that wants to keep trying to improve things so I got the calsci. The vstream was causing some buffeting over 70 mph for me. Under that was fine but it was also a bit too tall for my liking even at the lowest setting.

Pops58 11-Oct-2019 08:33 PM (064)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcolumbus (Post 295553)
Just installed the calsci on my 2019 gs. It is the 3rd aftermarket I've tried and it will be the last. Does just what I was looking for. Buffeting is gone and very quiet now. If anyone is looking for a touratech or a vstream I will let them go on the cheap plus shipping. Touratech is pretty good but the quality is behind the others. I inquired with them about flaws (dimples and pimples) in it and their answer was no one can make a windshield without flaws. They've obviously only ever used their own as it's the only one out of about 8 I've had over the years (all different makes) where I noticed anything like that. I kept it because it was pretty darn good but I'm one that wants to keep trying to improve things so I got the calsci. The vstream was causing some buffeting over 70 mph for me. Under that was fine but it was also a bit too tall for my liking even at the lowest setting.

Which size Calsci screen did you install?

Seems like for me, going through windscreens until I get it right or give up, is a right of passage on every bike I get.

Ryno23 11-Oct-2019 09:33 PM (106)

Quote:

Does your CalSci have triangle looking hole carved in it? The CalSci for my GTL did.

enzo5000 12-Oct-2019 06:03 AM (460)

Here is the link =>

1 Attachment(s)

mhcolumbus 12-Oct-2019 12:34 PM (732)

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pops58 (Post 295555)
Which size Calsci screen did you install?

Seems like for me, going through windscreens until I get it right or give up, is a right of passage on every bike I get.

I got the medium which sits just about in the middle of my adjustment which is nice. The vstream had to be all the way down and the touratech was all the way up. It looks better in person than the picture. I was hesitant on the look but wanted the function so I was really pleased with the look once it was on the bike. Think the angle and perspective of the photo distorts it a bit from top to bottom.

Just went out and got a photo and realized it is a bit different from the website photo. You can see the bottom corners are tapered in so it doesn't have the flared look.

enzo5000 17-Oct-2019 05:18 PM (929)

I just received my XL version. I will post photos after I get it installed.

Pops58 17-Oct-2019 05:28 PM (936)

Quote:

Which size Vstream did you use?

mhcolumbus 17-Oct-2019 07:02 PM (001)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pops58 (Post 295725)
Which size Vstream did you use?

touring....the middle size one.

Pops58 17-Oct-2019 08:02 PM (043)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhcolumbus (Post 295727)
touring....the middle size one.

Ok thanks mhcolumbus. My new motorized Puig screen unit lifts the screen higher than stock so the smaller Vstream or Calsci might be best. It also goes lower than stock so who knows.

Dan

mhcolumbus 17-Oct-2019 09:33 PM (106)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pops58 (Post 295733)
Ok thanks mhcolumbus. My new motorized Puig screen unit lifts the screen higher than stock so the smaller Vstream or Calsci might be best. It also goes lower than stock so who knows.

Dan

Get the calsci. It's more money but it does what it's supposed to do.