Calsci Windshield - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2019, 07:25 PM (017) Thread Starter

Calsci Windshield

Just installed the calsci on my 2019 gs. It is the 3rd aftermarket I've tried and it will be the last. Does just what I was looking for. Buffeting is gone and very quiet now. If anyone is looking for a touratech or a vstream I will let them go on the cheap plus shipping. Touratech is pretty good but the quality is behind the others. I inquired with them about flaws (dimples and pimples) in it and their answer was no one can make a windshield without flaws. They've obviously only ever used their own as it's the only one out of about 8 I've had over the years (all different makes) where I noticed anything like that. I kept it because it was pretty darn good but I'm one that wants to keep trying to improve things so I got the calsci. The vstream was causing some buffeting over 70 mph for me. Under that was fine but it was also a bit too tall for my liking even at the lowest setting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2019, 07:33 PM (023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhcolumbus View Post
Just installed the calsci on my 2019 gs. It is the 3rd aftermarket I've tried and it will be the last. Does just what I was looking for. Buffeting is gone and very quiet now. If anyone is looking for a touratech or a vstream I will let them go on the cheap plus shipping. Touratech is pretty good but the quality is behind the others. I inquired with them about flaws (dimples and pimples) in it and their answer was no one can make a windshield without flaws. They've obviously only ever used their own as it's the only one out of about 8 I've had over the years (all different makes) where I noticed anything like that. I kept it because it was pretty darn good but I'm one that wants to keep trying to improve things so I got the calsci. The vstream was causing some buffeting over 70 mph for me. Under that was fine but it was also a bit too tall for my liking even at the lowest setting.
Which size Calsci screen did you install?

Seems like for me, going through windscreens until I get it right or give up, is a right of passage on every bike I get.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-Oct-2019, 08:33 PM (064)

Garage
Quote:
Does your CalSci have triangle looking hole carved in it? The CalSci for my GTL did.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-Oct-2019, 05:03 AM (418)

Here is the link =>

https://calsci.com/motorcycleinfo/R1200GSprod.html
Attached Images

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-Oct-2019, 11:34 AM (690) Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops58 View Post
Which size Calsci screen did you install?

Seems like for me, going through windscreens until I get it right or give up, is a right of passage on every bike I get.

I got the medium which sits just about in the middle of my adjustment which is nice. The vstream had to be all the way down and the touratech was all the way up. It looks better in person than the picture. I was hesitant on the look but wanted the function so I was really pleased with the look once it was on the bike. Think the angle and perspective of the photo distorts it a bit from top to bottom.

Just went out and got a photo and realized it is a bit different from the website photo. You can see the bottom corners are tapered in so it doesn't have the flared look.
Attached Images

Joeu likes this.

Last edited by mhcolumbus; 12-Oct-2019 at 12:09 PM (715).
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-Oct-2019, 04:18 PM (887)

I just received my XL version. I will post photos after I get it installed.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-Oct-2019, 04:28 PM (894)

Quote:
Which size Vstream did you use?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-Oct-2019, 06:02 PM (960) Thread Starter

Quote:
Which size Vstream did you use?
touring....the middle size one.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-Oct-2019, 07:02 PM (001)

Quote:
touring....the middle size one.
Ok thanks mhcolumbus. My new motorized Puig screen unit lifts the screen higher than stock so the smaller Vstream or Calsci might be best. It also goes lower than stock so who knows.

Dan
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 17-Oct-2019, 08:33 PM (064) Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok thanks mhcolumbus. My new motorized Puig screen unit lifts the screen higher than stock so the smaller Vstream or Calsci might be best. It also goes lower than stock so who knows.

Dan
Get the calsci. It's more money but it does what it's supposed to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode