I'm Considering buying a 2015 GSA tomorrow what do you think? - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-Dec-2019, 04:12 PM (925) Thread Starter

I'm Considering buying a 2015 GSA tomorrow what do you think?

I'm considering buying a 2015 White R1200 GSA with 27k selling for 13.5k It's one owner and he has all the maintenance records for it. It comes with All three panniers and a crash guard with lights, it has every option except it doesn't come with the GPS. I have been researching these bikes for a while I just wanted to know what you guys think? Also, what should I pay extra attention too while doing an initial inspection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-Dec-2019, 05:03 PM (960)

Seems some guys complain of engine noise and vibration. Make sure you are comfortable with that.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-Dec-2019, 06:31 PM (021)

Garage

Sounds like it has been well cared for and is barely broken in. Check to see if the fork recall has been done and enjoy your new ride.

Welcome aboard.

Mike
ExHarley Rider likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-Dec-2019, 10:18 AM (679) Thread Starter

Thank you. Actually that sale fell through but I just bought a 2017 BMW GSA with only 6k on it. I absolutely love it!
mikec and Southpaw like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-Dec-2019, 11:57 AM (748)
Sport Touring since '73

Garage
Question Buying a 2016 GS tomorrow

I'm in a similar position: Planning to buy a 2016 GS (not GSA) tomorrow if all goes right.
It's a premium model with most of the factory equipment I want:
Touring Package - ESA Dynamic Electronic Suspension, Cruise Control, Pro On-board computer, Keyless Ride, GPS preparation, Luggage Case Holders, Gear Shift Assistant Pro, Ride Modes Pro, TPM, LED Headlight, Heated Hand Grips, Hand Protectors, etc.
Around 8,000 miles and seller says it's in showroom condition.
Wondering if there is anything specific I should be looking for in particular? I'm asking about anything specific to this model that could be a warning sign?

It will need a couple things like crash bars and panniers but I'll start looking into that once I've got the bike and recovered from the sudden loss of funds caused by buying it!

Last edited by RangerDog; 19-Dec-2019 at 01:19 PM (805).
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-Dec-2019, 12:14 PM (760)

Garage
I'm Considering buying a 2015 GSA tomorrow what do you think? Reply to Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDog View Post
I'm in a similar position: Planning to buy a 2016 GS (not GSA) tomorrow if all goes right.
It's a premium model with most of the factory equipment I want:
Touring Package - ESA Dynamic Electronic Suspension, Cruise Control, Pro On-board computer, Keyless Ride, GPS preparation, Luggage Case Holders, Gear Shift Assistant Pro, Ride Modes Pro, TPM, LED Headlight, Heated Hand Grips, Hand Protectors, etc.
Around 8,000 models and seller says it's in showroom condition.
Wondering if there is anything specific I should be looking for in particular? I'm asking about anything specific to this model that could be a warning sign?

It will need a couple things like crash bars and panniers but I'll start looking into that once I've got the bike and recovered from the sudden loss of funds caused by buying it!
Make sure the fork recall has been done. I expect it has since it's at a dealership. You might ask see service records. That GS has been a garage queen so you need to get 'er out in 'er element. Be sure to post some picks of your new mount.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-Dec-2019, 01:17 PM (803)
Sport Touring since '73

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Make sure the fork recall has been done. I expect it has since it's at a dealership. You might ask see service records. That GS has been a garage queen so you need to get 'er out in 'er element. Be sure to post some picks of your new mount.

Mike
Actually, not a dealer. Private sale but I already ran the VIN and there are no outstanding recalls or issues, thanks.
If it comes home with me it's going to stay a bit of a garage queen next to my low mileage '09 R1200RT for a while.
mikec likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-Dec-2019, 06:25 PM (017)

I have a 2016 GS. It has been perfectly flawless for 42,000 miles. Itís just getting broken in! I donít plan to buy another GS till I get 100,000 miles on this one!!
RangerDog likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-Dec-2019, 05:32 PM (981)
Sport Touring since '73

Garage
Talking

It was a perfect day to ride it home over SR74. Even if it did send the odometer past the 7,700-mile mark.
Attached Images

Shma likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-Dec-2019, 05:53 AM (495)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDog View Post
It was a perfect day to ride it home over SR74. Even if it did send the odometer past the 7,700-mile mark.
Looks like you became acquainted with your new ride on the Ortega Highway. Nice! Thanks for posting the photos and enjoy you new machine. It looks great!

Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode