BMW Nav VI Updates. - BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums
 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 17-May-2018, 01:08 PM (756) Thread Starter
Naviator
 
JetSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Coronado, CA NASNI
Posts: 1,376
Garage
BMW Nav VI Updates.

In the last few days 3 updates have become available for the Nav VI
The most interesting being the 5.20 update:
Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.20:

Added user consent for Travel History tracking per GDPR compliance.
Completed software modifications required to support Giantplus display configuration
Updated default brake debounce interval to 1 second from 10ms
Fixed an issue where if the power button was pressed shortly after the motorcycles ignition was turned 'off', the Navigator would permanently disable the screen
Greatly reduced the occurrence of phone audio echo
Removed 'Postal Code' from city search sample text
Added a new 'All Songs' option to the iPhone media source when browsing artists. This will allow user to select music which does not have an album tagged
Fixed a bug which caused teh Navigator to play BT phone audio to a headset even though it was muted
Modified 'Wipe All User Data' feature to remove all non-standard files and folders from the root directory of the devices
Removed duplicate text that can occur in imported POIs
Prevents music from playing automatically when a BT device disconnects and quickly re-connects
Removed a requirement for the user to acquire a GPS lock before EULA acceptance can be accomplished
Fixed a bug which prevented anonymous calls from working with newer iOS devices


I have installed and still get the echo over the phone.
Visk and Vatu like this.

2013 R1200GSW
JetSpeed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 19-May-2018, 09:57 AM (623)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 39
I still can’t get the media player iPhone Sena all to work as designed
Vin829 is online now  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 21-May-2018, 01:36 PM (775)
Junior Member
 
Visk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Greece
Posts: 11
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetSpeed View Post
In the last few days 3 updates have become available for the Nav VI
The most interesting being the 5.20 update:
Changes made from version 4.90 to 5.20:
Thank you for the heads up! You are so helpful in all your posts. Keep it up.
JetSpeed likes this.
Visk is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 05:46 AM (448)
Senior Member
 
bmwbob51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 722
Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin829 View Post
I still can’t get the media player iPhone Sena all to work as designed
Check phone setting! I stopped hearing phone calls and iPhone somehow got changed to speaker! And there's specific sync process for Sena, GPS and phone.
bmwbob51 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 05:53 AM (453)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob51 View Post
Check phone setting! I stopped hearing phone calls and iPhone somehow got changed to speaker! And there's specific sync process for Sena, GPS and phone.
What process did u use? And where did u check the phone setting at to see that it was checked to speaker?
Vin829 is online now  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 06:59 AM (499)
Senior Member
 
Dr. Strangelove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Livin' in a Poor Man's Shangri, La. aka New Orleans
Posts: 724
Your phone can only be connected to one device at a time. You have to choose the gps or the sena (10s in my case and a 20s may have different functionality).

You CAN connect the the phone to your GPS, but ONLY for phone functions--incl caller id, but not music or podcasts or books, etc. You can connect your phone to your 10s and get phone, music podcasts, etc, and navigation from your gps.

Connecting the 10s to the GPS allows for caller ID on your gps. Connecting it to your 10s allows phone, music, etc, but no readout on your gps, and the 10s does not have a caller ID function.

I wanted to have the phone connected to BOTH the gps AND the 10s concurrently--cannot be done, only one connection at a time. I wanted to hear podcasts from the phone, but have caller id on the gps--can't be done with my setup.

Yes, all of this IS confusing. In the past couple of days, trying to get the ability to have caller id from the gps, and the ability to listen to podcasts from my phone, I have been chatting with both Sena and Garmin, and they concur that what I want to do is not possible with current tech on the 10s (plead ignorance on other models)
Garmin said that even though there are standards for bluetooth, even same versions of BT on different devices do not play well together.

Garmin also said that there is a known issue of the initial connection having bad distorted loud sound and that the cure is reboot of either the garmin or the sena or both, and sometimes you have to do this a couple of times before you get good sound. Both also said that it did not matter which unit is turned on first

I will add that chatting with both companies was far better than anticipated. I found the techs prompt, knowledgeable and patient, and would rec the chat svc over telephone roulette.

In my case I was trying to get the technology to do something it couldn't (yet), and the chat sessions allowed me to sidestep the headaches of futility.

POI: "connecting" and "Pairing" are two different things as many, but not all know. Definitely part of the source of confusion. For many it is an easy arrangement, but for others, very frustrating.
Dr. Strangelove is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 08:56 PM (080)
Senior Member
 
bmwbob51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 722
Yes you can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Your phone can only be connected to one device at a time. You have to choose the gps or the sena (10s in my case and a 20s may have different functionality).

You CAN connect the the phone to your GPS, but ONLY for phone functions--incl caller id, but not music or podcasts or books, etc. You can connect your phone to your 10s and get phone, music podcasts, etc, and navigation from your gps.

Connecting the 10s to the GPS allows for caller ID on your gps. Connecting it to your 10s allows phone, music, etc, but no readout on your gps, and the 10s does not have a caller ID function.

I wanted to have the phone connected to BOTH the gps AND the 10s concurrently--cannot be done, only one connection at a time. I wanted to hear podcasts from the phone, but have caller id on the gps--can't be done with my setup.

Yes, all of this IS confusing. In the past couple of days, trying to get the ability to have caller id from the gps, and the ability to listen to podcasts from my phone, I have been chatting with both Sena and Garmin, and they concur that what I want to do is not possible with current tech on the 10s (plead ignorance on other models)
Garmin said that even though there are standards for bluetooth, even same versions of BT on different devices do not play well together.

Garmin also said that there is a known issue of the initial connection having bad distorted loud sound and that the cure is reboot of either the garmin or the sena or both, and sometimes you have to do this a couple of times before you get good sound. Both also said that it did not matter which unit is turned on first

I will add that chatting with both companies was far better than anticipated. I found the techs prompt, knowledgeable and patient, and would rec the chat svc over telephone roulette.

In my case I was trying to get the technology to do something it couldn't (yet), and the chat sessions allowed me to sidestep the headaches of futility.

POI: "connecting" and "Pairing" are two different things as many, but not all know. Definitely part of the source of confusion. For many it is an easy arrangement, but for others, very frustrating.
https://www.sena.com/wp-content/.../..._en_160921.pdf
Multipoint Bluetooth pairing allows the SMH10 to connect two HFP devices at the same time: mobile phone and GPS navigation. Follow the steps below to pair the GPS using the multipoint pairing. 1. Turn on the headset and press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.

1. Pair your GPS to the 20S using the Mobile Phone Pairing method. On the 20S, hold down the phone button for 5 seconds until you hear the voice prompt say “phone pairing” and you see the LED flash red and blue rapidly.

2. While the 20S is in Mobile Phone Pairing mode, scan for the Sena 20S in the list of Bluetooth devices on your GPS and when it appears select it to pair the two devices together.

3. Wait for the devices to pair together.

4. Pair your mobile phone to the 20S using the Second Mobile Phone Pairing method. On the 20S, hold down the Jog Dial for 6 seconds until you hear the voice prompt say “intercom pairing” and you see the LED flash red rapidly then within 2 seconds press the phone button to hear the voice prompt say “second mobile phone pairing” and you see the LED flash blue rapidly.

5. While the 20S is in Second Mobile Phone Pairing mode, scan for the Sena 20S in the list of Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone and when it appears select it to pair the two devices together.
bmwbob51 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 09:04 PM (086)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob51 View Post
https://www.sena.com/wp-content/.../..._en_160921.pdf
Multipoint Bluetooth pairing allows the SMH10 to connect two HFP devices at the same time: mobile phone and GPS navigation. Follow the steps below to pair the GPS using the multipoint pairing. 1. Turn on the headset and press the Jog Dial for 5 seconds until the red LED is rapidly flashing and you hear multiple beeps.

1. Pair your GPS to the 20S using the Mobile Phone Pairing method. On the 20S, hold down the phone button for 5 seconds until you hear the voice prompt say “phone pairing” and you see the LED flash red and blue rapidly.

2. While the 20S is in Mobile Phone Pairing mode, scan for the Sena 20S in the list of Bluetooth devices on your GPS and when it appears select it to pair the two devices together.

3. Wait for the devices to pair together.

4. Pair your mobile phone to the 20S using the Second Mobile Phone Pairing method. On the 20S, hold down the Jog Dial for 6 seconds until you hear the voice prompt say “intercom pairing” and you see the LED flash red rapidly then within 2 seconds press the phone button to hear the voice prompt say “second mobile phone pairing” and you see the LED flash blue rapidly.

5. While the 20S is in Second Mobile Phone Pairing mode, scan for the Sena 20S in the list of Bluetooth devices on your mobile phone and when it appears select it to pair the two devices together.
So don’t pair the phone to the Navi 6?
Vin829 is online now  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 10:52 PM (161)
Senior Member
 
bmwbob51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 722
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin829 View Post
So don’t pair the phone to the Navi 6?
In both cases pair the Nav and phone to Sena. Press phone button on Sena to call and play music from phone on Sena. I've tried the music from the Nav, but I found from the phone less problematic. Worked that way for me for several years.
bmwbob51 is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 22-May-2018, 11:19 PM (180)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Melbourne / AUS
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
Your phone can only be connected to one device at a time.
Sorry buddy, but this is not correct.
My Gear S3 watch is connected via Bluetooth, while the phone is also connected to a car or head phones or whatever else.
Most modern Helmet kits can also connect to two phones and a GPS at the same time.

I have a Cardo Packtalk and a Sena SRL and both systems can connect to three devices (2 phones and one GPS)

I personally don't connect the phone to the Nav VI and it all works fine

R1200GS Rallye - All Options - Nav VI - MaMo Light bars with LED - MaMo X-Covers - HexezCan - Stebel Horn
marcimark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW R1200GS Forum : R1200 GS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome